Mchapo
Level 1: Cadet

NRL app.

Whenever I try to watch NRL live it gives me a message saying "External display is not allowed for this video". I have an Android phone which did allow me to watch live NRL in 2017 but not last year or this year. I have reloaded the App several times but still get the same message. Very frustrating.

Cheers.

Mchapo

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NRL app.

Which model phone and what is the Android version on your phone? It could be that your phone is no longer supported.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mchapo

I have a Zte Telstra phone
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Mchapo

@Jupiter is right in suspecting the issue may related to your model of phone, but in order for me to be sure I have a couple of questions.

I can see that you have a ZTE Telstra phone, is it possible to get the model number and Android version?

You can locate this information generally in settings>About (all the way down the bottom).

This should list model number as well as Android version.

Are you connected to a Chromecast or similar when trying to use the NRL Live App?

Is it just live streaming that doesn't work?, are you able to use other features in the NRL Live App?

This information will hopefully steer us in the right direction

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

If it is the T84, then I know a lot of them are stuck on Android 4.4.2 (with no way of updating to 5.0), which would be the reason why it's not working (the app only supports Android 5.0 and above).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mchapo

Thanks mate. My phone is a ZTE T84. Android system 5.0.2. The rest of the App works fine, even the highlight videos play. It just won't show the live games.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Mchapo

I have escalated your query and have now been given a response.

Unfortunately your handset is not able to support the full features of the NRL Live App.

The issue had previously been escalated, as the issue affects several ZTE models.

Unfortunately the issue is to do with ZTE, and not the NRL Live App itself. 

I apologise for the inconvenience this causes you, please reach out if you have any further questions

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more