CrowdSupport®
Pavsta
Level 2: Rookie

NRL calender sync to phone

I am on the NRL app & I have clicked on 'Add draw to Calender' for my team, I have followed all the steps & it tells me my calender is now connected but I go into my calender and it's not there.. can you please help? I have a Samsung Note 9.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NRL calender sync to phone

Were you looking in your Google Calendar or through the Calendar App on your Samsung (they are separate apps, but both on your phone, which makes it confusing)?

Odds are it's in your Google Calendar (which you can link to your Calendar app if you want to).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Pavsta

I am looking at my phone calender. How do i find my Google calender & lync it? 

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Pavsta,

Thanks for your message, we'd be happy to assist.

The NRL App requests which calendar you would like to sync to, the options are Google, Apple,

Android, Outlook, Hotmail and Office 365. Which option did you choose?

Once you have nominated your preference, you are asked to sign into the Google Account/Outlook account etc.

The default Calendar App on your device is likely the Samsung Calendar (which is not listed as supported), you may need to download the Google Calendar from the Play Store (or any of the Calendars that are supported) if not pre-installed on your device. (It's just called Calendar) 

To access from that point, open the Calendar that has been linked to find out the draw for season 2020.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Pavsta

Thanks Aaron_h, I used Android option at first then tried google but both didn't work. So now  with your recommendation I have installed google calender & it still doesnt show up 😔 any other suggestions?

In the Calendar app (the Samsung one, not the google one), click on the 3 bars at the top left and it should bring up the list of accounts that are on your phone. Expand the one that you use as your primary one and tick the options to sync it. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Pavsta

Thanks Jupiter, I've tried that too but when I expand it there is no option for nrl calender or anything similar... 

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Pavsta,

Can I please confirm what steps have been completed in the linking process?

NRL App>More>Add Draw to Calendar>Choose your schedule (club)>Choose your Calendar(Google)

Choose an account(sign into your Google Account)>ECAL wants to access your account (need to give permission in order to access Calendar)>Your Calendar is connected!>Confirm your details>Sync To Calendar Success!

If you did not perform all of these steps, then the link has not yet been established, I would suggest trying again. It can take some time to connect the calendar after permission is granted, and again for the confirm your details page to load.

Once linked, open the Calendar App, and ensure that the same Google Account that was used in the linking process is also signed into in the Calendar.

Good luck, please let us know how you go, and just in case, please do not post any of your account details as this is 

a public forum.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Pavsta

Thanks again aaron_h.

I have done exactly each step above, I got the sync to calender success message but still no luck. Maybe I give it a couple of days? 

It took under 2 minutes to sync on mine. 

Did you get a confirmation email come through?

Pavsta

@aaron_h @Jupiter 

Thank you for your help on this.

It finally connected, I just needed to update the NRL app & it worked! 

👍

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Pavsta,

Success at last!

I don't think @Jupiter and I can take much credit though, you figured this one out,

check for an update should've been one of the first tips we suggested.

Glad to hear it's working, now I just have to remove the 5 different

club fixtures I synced while testing the process, otherwise I will be getting a lot of calendar notifications

once the season starts!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit