CrowdSupport®
woolmerc
Level 3: Gumshoe

NRL live pass

Answered

Hi there,

I am considering purchasing the NRL digital pass and I have a question before I do. Are there any in-app restrictions from projecting the stream from my smart phone to a laptop or digital tv?

Thanks, Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: NRL live pass

Hi @woolmerc

Thanks for your post and I am happy to assist you with the NRL Live Pass. 

Under our digital rights agreement with the NRL, broadcasts are restricted to the screen devices upon which they are sold (i.e.: iOS or Android smartphone or tablet) and current screen size.

Live streams are restricted to max screen size of 7” diagonally. This is as per Telstra digital rights agreement with NRL. Match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size.

Airplay or other screen mirroring is not permitted within our rights agreement.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @woolmerc

Thanks for your post and I am happy to assist you with the NRL Live Pass. 

Under our digital rights agreement with the NRL, broadcasts are restricted to the screen devices upon which they are sold (i.e.: iOS or Android smartphone or tablet) and current screen size.

Live streams are restricted to max screen size of 7” diagonally. This is as per Telstra digital rights agreement with NRL. Match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size.

Airplay or other screen mirroring is not permitted within our rights agreement.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Peeved55

Don't waste your time and money. The streaming doesn't work. Absolute rubbish even on ultra fast broadband. Telstra "support" only response is that your connection must be to blame.
Peeved55

7 inches? Try 7 pixels.
Highlighted
SuzieJazali2
Level 1: Cadet

They have stopped allowing external streaming cause there scum
SuzieJazali2

Telstra are scum for doin that
SuzieJazali2

Telstra are scum
SuzieJazali2

Its rubbish last year u could do it and only now did they change it cause there scum
djcollier

I agree, we could do it last year and this year you can't. They said last year it didn't pickup some devices. Well I'm using the same device as last year and now it's not working. Telstra is not offering a service if we can't screencast to our tv! You can't watch NRL on a friggin phone jeez! Apparently No-one wants to take on Foxtel in the marketplace......... And they wonder why NRL fans are pissing off in droves!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now