CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Caleb_s
Level 2: Rookie

NRL live streaming cuts out

Answered

Have been watching the live nrl stream all season but lasts night and again today, live streaming will cut out and display

“there was an error playing the video, please try again later.   Error: 6”

have tried all suggested fixes. Nothing works

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: NRL live streaming cuts out

Hey @Caleb_s @Mrsolien @Bazza4

Thanks for your posts and I am sorry for the error with the NRL Live App and we can definitely help you with this. 

Firstly, we can try some troubleshooting to resolve the issues with your device. I'd recommend attempting these steps:

• Please completely uninstall the app, restart the device & then re-download
• Ensure that you have an active subscription in the App (More > NRL Live Pass)
• Please ensure you've cleared the cache on your device
• Make sure that you do not have any HDMI or other external outputs connected to your device.

If you still encounter an issue, can you please provide the below details to help us assist you?

Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?
Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

If you can include a screenshot, then this will help us to understand what may be causing the issue and where it is occurring. 

Let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Mrsolien
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same issue. Please help!
Bazza4
Level 4: Private Eye

I have the error 6 too. Can someone tell me what error 6 is and why can’t I find the reason anywhere online?
Bazza4

This is my second response. My wife tells me there was a lightening strike that disrupted some Telstra services. Presumably NRL Live is among these. If you are not near a radio and want to keep up with the match try tapping the headphones at the top right of the display and choose an audio feed.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey @Caleb_s @Mrsolien @Bazza4

Thanks for your posts and I am sorry for the error with the NRL Live App and we can definitely help you with this. 

Firstly, we can try some troubleshooting to resolve the issues with your device. I'd recommend attempting these steps:

• Please completely uninstall the app, restart the device & then re-download
• Ensure that you have an active subscription in the App (More > NRL Live Pass)
• Please ensure you've cleared the cache on your device
• Make sure that you do not have any HDMI or other external outputs connected to your device.

If you still encounter an issue, can you please provide the below details to help us assist you?

Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?
Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

If you can include a screenshot, then this will help us to understand what may be causing the issue and where it is occurring. 

Let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Caleb_s

Error code 6
Device iPhone and iPad. Both same prob
Os version 11.2.6
Provider Telstra
Mobile
Location Queensland Sunshine Coast
Caleb_s

Caleb_s

Can’t load screen shot, only text word for word on error message pop up in original question
Support Team
Support Team

@Caleb_s To confirm, you have gone through the troubleshooting mentioned above and you are still seeing the error? Was this only affecting the Knights v Rabbitohs game?

If you're trying to send a screenshot from your mobile in CrowdSupport, you may just need to request the desktop site from your browser and you should see an option to add an image.

Thanks

Caleb_s

Yes have tried each troubleshooting methods several times. Has affected every game since yesterday
Still can’t post screenshot
Pop up says.
“there was an error with “playing the video, please try again later. Error: 6“
Bazza4

What’s the problem? I have been through the device restart, app reload procedure twice. It is still off on the Cowboys game. Why do you need a screen shot? It says

SOMETHING WENT WRONG

There was an error playing the video.

Please try again later.

Error: 6

I have wasted 2 hours on this problem already. 

Leepin_Lee
Level 1: Cadet

None of the above works. I’ve reset network, and reloaded application.
Brewster05

Has this issue been resolved?? As the generic reply of trying to uninstall etc is obviously not fixing the problem. Multiple people with the same issue. It has been happening for two days.
Support Team
Support Team

@Caleb_s @Bazza4 @Leepin_Lee Thanks for your details, we have reported these details with our App team and our team who manage the live stream. They are currently investigating to understand what has caused this error. 

Can you please confirm whether this was an in-app subscription or did you redeem a free live pass with your Telstra mobile?

Thanks

Brewster05

Telstra mobile
Caleb_s

I redeemed a free live pass with Telstra mobile
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that guys, I have received an update that we were able to resolve this issue overnight and it should be working for the remainder of the weekend.

We will continue to monitor this over the weekend but please let us know if you see this come up again.

Thanks

Bazza4

Been unable to access signon.telstra  until now but that’s another issue. Everything on the streaming front is good now but to complete your investigation references, I am on a yearly subscription  paid through Apple. I add this because the others appear to be free mobile subscriptions and I didn’t want you to think it was an exclusive problem to that area. 

Cheers

Bazza4

Support Team
Support Team

@Bazza4 Thanks for those details and I am glad that this is working again for you now. I will pass this on and we will continue to investigate to ensure that this is fully resolved.

Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit