Nellbo
Level 2: Rookie

Nrl app update

When I open nrl app it comes up with update available. No choice to refuse it but if I accept it it just keeps going back to update available. H e l p please ! After deleting app and then downloading it again several times it still won't open

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
26 REPLIES 26
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Nrl app update

If your iPhone is not running iOS 11 or newer, then that is a common issue.
Unfortunately the app no longer supports versions prior to iOS 11.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Numb1
Level 1: Cadet

On my iPad, the nrl app tells me to get the 2019'update by pressing here. It takes me to the App Store where I download the app, go through logins and end up with the same update message. When I press the update button it takes me to the App Store with the downloaded app at the open stage and round in circles I go.

I have deleted the app a couple of times, turned the iPad on and off but just keep getting the circular process. I am on iOS 10.3.3

Chris812

I have the same issue on my I padSmiley Sad
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Nellbo @Numb1 @Chris812

Thank you for your post. 

As @Jupiter has mentioned, the NRL Live App is supported for iOS devices running iOS 11 or above, as per the terms and conditions

Unfortunately, if you are running an earlier version of iOS, we cannot guarantee that the NRL Live App will work as intended. 

My apologies for any inconvenience. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ferij

I've read your reply and I'm afraid it simply isn't good enough. You are locking out a lot of users who are using perfectly good older Apple devices.

Take it up with Apple. Their changes to iOS make it difficult to maintain backwards compatibility, and their rules for allowing apps in the Apple Store make it even more difficult.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Dgol

This sucks because I signed on to telstra partly to watch nrl on my iPad, now I can't watch because my software is 10.3.3

Numb1

I eventually had some luck getting the app running last night, but could not get live video going - there was a message that the live pass is now only available on devices with screens less than 7 inches, so I guess that excludes iPads?

BonniePlum

That’s not good enough response
I can not afford a newer ipad
Ferij

So we have two monolithic organisations who don't give a **bleep** about their customers.

Ferij

So s**t is now a bleep word. Pathetic!
KevKev1

I have the same problem
KevKev1

My ipad mini says the software is up to date, which is ISO 9.3.5 So in other words, I would now need to buy a new Ipad that accepts ISO11 to use the NRL App now ? That's ridiculous !!!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi All 

The 2019 version of the NRL Live App requires iOS version 11 or above, as agreed to in the terms and conditions.

Each year we bring out a new version of the NRL Live App, with new features and enhancements, as well as some fixes for any bugs found. 
Often we find that older versions of iOS/Android cannot support these enhancements, and can even contribute to some of the previous bugs located.

iOS 12 is the current version of iOS, with over 67% of Apple iOS devices in Australia running this update.

Currently there is less than 4% of iOS users in Australia running iOS 9, having been released in 2015. Apple has not released an update for iOS 9 since 2016.

Have you checked if a software update is available for your iPad? 

Apple have a good guide here on how to check here.

Unfortunately if your iPad cannot be updated to at least iOS 11, then it will not be able to access the NRL Live Pass.

My apologies for any inconvenience. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 21: Augmented

You are barking on the wrong tree, it is more of issue with Google and Apple than Telstra... These two suckers keep updating their respective operating systems and keep people forcing to buy new devices... I, for example, have still perfectly working first ever iPAD, but all I can use it for now is as a iTunes streaming device... There are virtually no applications that work on it anymore...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Level 21: Augmented

You are barking on the wrong tree, it is more of issue with Google and Apple than Telstra... These two suckers keep updating their respective operating systems and keep people forcing to buy new devices... I, for example, have still perfectly working first ever iPAD, but all I can use it for now is as a iTunes streaming device... There are virtually no applications that work on it anymore...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
SD976

Thats not a good enough reason - I'm sure there is something you could do????

No. The problem is that as Apple update iOS, they deprecate functions and introduce new ones. Then, in order for a developer to be allowed to keep their apps in the Store, they have to be updated. Hence the ability for an app to be able to work on older devices is limited.
SD976

I understand that - I just don't think its good enough........................I cant justify buying a new Ipad when there is nothing wrong with the old one, It is not good enough many other apps still work so why cant this one, I can still watch all netflix etc, game apps still work. so sorry no excuse.

Not all streaming services use the same methods for streaming. Telstra is limited to providing support to a stream from the broadcast partners. Netflix may use a different method which probably doesn't work well with live streaming.

You need to take it up with Apple.
SD976

no I'm taking it up Telstra its there up they need to fix it to keep their customers happy.......

You are Apple's customer too, and they are the ones who control the programming environment.
Maureen52

Ok.  I have an older IPAD mini and the same thing is happening to me.  My problem is that on 18 February my Visa card was debited for $99.99 the the app.  How do I get my money back?

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Maureen52

Sorry to hear that you cannot access the NRL Live Pass on your iPad Mini

All subscriptions are ongoing until they are cancelled as per the terms. All Live Pass Subscriptions are registered through Google Play and iTunes, so you will be able to cancel these subscriptions from your device.

Unfortunately we do not have access to Google Play or iTunes systems to cancel or refund on your behalf, head to the links below for the steps to cancel through the respective stores.

Apple (App Store)    https://tel.st/ej7yq

Google (Play Store)  https://tel.st/p6rpj

Please get back in touch if you require further assistance

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ferij

The apple link goes to 403 forbidden

Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Ferij

Sorry for that, please try this one

If that is for some reason still blocked, google cancel apple subscription, it's the first response.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more