CrowdSupport®
Maroubra_Dave
Level 1: Cadet

Nrl app video tiny on new iPhone

So I just bought an iPhone 11 pro max and when I’m watching live games on my nrl app the video is very small. But if I watch it on my iPhone X it’s full screen and a lot bigger than my new phone... why have you made the screen smaller on newer phones?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Nrl app video tiny on new iPhone

Hi @Maroubra_Dave

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the NRL Live App. 

As per the terms and conditions - Telstra’s agreement with the NRL restricts the display of live match videos to a 7 inch screen, match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size.

This restriction is the same regardless of what device you're using, the screen has not been made smaller on new phones. 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the NRL Live App to see if this assists? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Maroubra_Dave

Thanks for your response. My iPhone screen size is 6.5inches so that shouldn’t be an issue 

I tried your suggestion of deleting and reinstalling the app and it’s still the same

62432A9A-2331-4746-B098-298A29383223.pngThis is a screenshot of how small the video is on an iPhone pro max 6.5inch screen

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Maroubra_Dave

Thank you for getting back to me, and for trying the suggested troubleshooting. 

When you tap on the screen to bring up the time slider across the bottom, does it give an option to expand to full screen?

I've reached out to the technical team for this to be looked into further, I will let you know as soon as I've heard back from them. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Maroubra_Dave

I just had a look for an option to expand to full screen but there is none. Just the slider for time and volume... I’m thinking maybe you just don’t have support for new iPhones yet? Anyway let me know what you come up with, thanks! 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Maroubra_Dave

My apologies for the delayed response, the technical team are still looking into this one to hopefully have it resolved before the 2020 season. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now