Highlighted
Mat13
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to live stream nrl live

Answered
Hey, I'm not a Telstra customer but I've downloaded the nrl app and I've bought the live pass for the year but I can't seem to watch live games, it plays for a couple of seconds then cuts out, I can watch full match replays fine but it doesn't let me watch anything live and I've tried everything.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to live stream nrl live

If you have tried the troubleshooting and still have issues, can you please provide the below details:

Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?
Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:
Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mat13
Accepted Solution

It doesn't pop up with any message it just stops and goes black.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
28 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the post Mat13, I apologise for the issues you are having with the NRL Live Pass.

Firstly, we can try some troubleshooting to resolve the issues with your device.

I'd recommend attempting below

• Please completely uninstall the app, restart the device & then re-download
• Ensure that you have an active subscription in the App (More > NRL Live Pass)
• Please ensure you've cleared the cache on your device

• Make sure that you do not have any HDMI or other external outputs connected to your device.

In most cases, if you're having any difficulty streaming, I'd recommend attempting the steps here as this will help resolve most issues you encounter

If you still encounter an issue, can you please provide the below details to help us assist you?

Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Mat13

I have tried all the troubleshooting things and none of them work, the nrl app says that I have an active account.

I am able to play the live game but as soon as I do it plays for a couple of seconds and then cuts out.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

If you have tried the troubleshooting and still have issues, can you please provide the below details:

Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:

Mat13
Accepted Solution

It doesn't pop up with any message it just stops and goes black.
Mat13

The screen for the game just goes black, not the whole screen
Support Team
Support Team

an you please provide the below details:

Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:

Plus, a screenshot of the issue if possible.

Mat13

Device: iPhone 5c I think?
OS version: 10.3.3
Service provider: lebara
I've tried it on cable and on my mobile (3G)
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks. 

Have you previously tried the Apple In-App support steps? If not, give these a go:

1. Logout of NRL Account ( More > NRL Account > 3 lines menu > logout)
2. Logout of your iTunes account (Settings > iTunes & App Store) and log back in.
3. Re-download the app
4. Skip the initial screens
5. Go to More > NRL Live Pass > Buy or Restore
6. Follow the prompts

If that fails, I will escalate the issue.

Mat13

I tried it, it didn't work.
Mat13

Is there anything else I can do?, maybe I can go into Telstra and see if they can suggest anything?
Support Team
Support Team

A Telstra Store will likely only be able to provide the general troubleshooting that we have tried so far. I am able to escalate this issue for you but we just needed to go through the troubleshooting steps with your first to ensure that this is not an intermittent or isolated issue.

To confirm, did this affect one specific stream or was this all live games? In addition, are you able to watch match replays on your device?

Thanks

Mat13

I can't watch any live games but I can watch all replays.
Thanks, I really appreciate your help.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks, I have escalated this for our App team to investigate now. We will provide an update as soon as we can.

Mat13

Okay thank you, I really appreciate your help.
Smelly15
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have been trying to get this issued fixed for two months and am still no closer. All I want is my money back. I paid $99.99 in full using my credit card and it has been deducted from my account. Today I got access to the game but just for a two minute preview before I was asked to "subscribe" You blokes are a bunch of thieves. Just give me my money back, that's all I'm asking.
REReidy
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Smelly15

Sorry that you haven't been able to access your subscription and we can help you with this.

If you are seeing a 2 min preview, then you are not logged into an NRL Account with an active subscription attached. If you purchased an in-app subscription, then you may need to restore a purchase through the App.

To restore your purchase in the NRL App, go to 'More' > 'NRL Live Pass' then you should see the option to restore or purchase, if you select the restore option and follow the prompts to restore your purchase. Once complete, you should be able to access your live pass.

Let me know how you go with this.

Smelly15

Hi JesseS,

I won't be able to log into a live match until Thursday.  However in the past when I have selected "Restore or Purchase" I get the Error message,  "Account Lookup Failed: 403  The system failed to look up your account. Please try again later.

REReidy
Support Team
Support Team

Do you have an active NRL Account? Are you able to login via NRL.com? Are you trying to login with username/password, Facebook or Google account?

Thanks

Smelly15

Yes, I have an active NRL account.  I can log into the app to see all the news etc.  Just can't access live games.  I log in with username/password.

REReidy
Support Team
Support Team

@Smelly15 Thanks for those details and our App team are still investigating to understand what is causing this on our end. I appreciate your patience and I am confident that we will have a solution to this soon.

Thanks

Smelly15

And Meanwhile 1/3 of the season has gone and I still can't use the app which I paid $99.99 for.

REReidy
Smelly15

Hi JesseS,  I has been a week since our last correspondence and nothing has changed with my access to the NRL app.  It appears you can't solve the problem so would you let me know how I go about getting my money back please ?

REReidy
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Smelly15

My apologies for this ongoing issue you're experiencing. 

How did you subscribe to NRL Live Pass? This would be via GooglePlay or iTunes.

We unfortunately do not have access to GooglePlay or iTunes systems to cancel or refund a purchase made on your behalf, I would suggest contacting them via the links below. 

Google Play

You can find instructions here to cancel the in app purchase through Google Play

You can request refunds, which are provided at the discretion Google. To request a refund, please follow the instructions on the relevant link below:
Contact Google Support: https://support.google.com/googleplay/contact/play_request_refund_apps?rd=1

I'd recommend competing an online request form so they can investigate for you

It can take up to two business days but they'll be able to assist you with locating the in app purchase & stopping it

Alternatively, please click here & make you're logged in with your Google account.

iTunes

You can find instructions here to cancel the in app purchase through iTunes

You can request refunds, which are provided at the discretion of Apple. To request a refund, please follow the instructions on the relevant link below:
Contact Apple Support: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204084

I’d recommend visiting https://getsupport.apple.com/ & do the following if you need a further hand or would like them to investigate the charges

1. Click iTunes & Apple Music
  2. Click iTunes Store
  3. Click Purchases, Billing & Redemption
  4. Click iTunes store account billing

This will take you to a page where you can either talk via phone, chat online or email your enquiry to them for investigation

If you have any questions or need a further hand, we're happy to help where we can. 

macca6438
Level 1: Cadet

Im a telstra customer
I have telstra tv and downloaded the app
I can watch replays but not live footy on my television
I can on my tablet
I can watch everything's else such as netflix but not live nrl
Ive deleted the app and reloaded
Ive turned telstra tv off and back on
Ive connected to 5g
I thought I'd be required to log in but there is no facility to do so.
Your assistance is appreciated
Regards
Roger
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @macca6438

Thank you for your enquiry and my apologies for any confusion.

Live streaming is only available via the NRL Live App on a compatible mobile/tablet device. 

The NRL App on Telstra TV is a different service and does not offer access to live streaming.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

macca6438

Well that appears a little misleading
Thats one app that gets deleted
macca6438

Geez 

This information should be communicated 

Why can't it be televised via telstra tv.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @macca6438

This is due to our digital rights agreement with the NRL. 

Under our digital rights agreement with the NRL, broadcasts are restricted to the screen devices upon which they are sold (i.e.: iOS or Android smartphone or tablet) and current screen size.

Live streams are restricted to max screen size of 7” diagonally. This is as per Telstra digital rights agreement with NRL. Match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size.

Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of live content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any NRL Live Pass.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more