Highlighted
FoetusDeletus
Level 1: Cadet

Why is my nrl livepass not working

Whenever I try to watch a match it says I need to subscribe to the livepass, however when I go restore subscription it says it is restored successfully, and I had a look in the settings of the app and it says the annual subscription is active. I’m on IPad and I have the latest software update and I would like to know what’s going on as I have already spent nearly an hour trying to figure this out and I’m starting to get frustrated as I missed the match I was trying to watch

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Why is my nrl livepass not working

Hi @FoetusDeletus

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the NRL Live App. 

I would first recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the NRL Live App on your iPad, and trying again to restore your in-app subscription. 

Do you also have an iPhone? If possible, are you able to confirm whether or not the subscription is working as normal on your iPhone? 

Thank you

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

FoetusDeletus

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail however it does work on my phone without a problem just not on my iPad
FoetusDeletus

I just had another look and the issue only seems to happen whenever I go into full screen mode otherwise it appears to work as normal
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @FoetusDeletus

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Just to clarify, when you open the NRL Live App on your iPad and select "Watch Live" for the game displayed at the top of the screen, it streams live as normal - but then when you select the full screen mode from the bottom right hand side of the video, it tells you that you need to subscribe? 

I want to ensure that I have all of this information correct before I reach out to the technical team. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @FoetusDeletus

I was able to replicate this problem when entering full screen while testing on an iPad, and have contacted the technical team so they can investigate further. 

I will get back to you as soon as I have heard back from them. 

Thank you

Rob211
Level 2: Rookie

I have the same issue on an iPad but not an iPhone.
FoetusDeletus

So it’s not just me cheers for reaching out to them much appreciated

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Rob211 @FoetusDeletus

As per my previous post, I have been able to replicate this issue and have forwarded it to the technical team for investigation. 

I will get in touch as soon as I have heard back from them. 

In the meantime, I would suggest not changing the video to full screen, as doing this does not change the size of the live stream video, only puts a black border around the edges

Thank you

Rajput1

Why is my nrl livepass not working

Whenever I try to watch a match or nrl video it says I need to subscribe to the livepass, however when I go restore subscription it says it is restored successfully, and I had a look in the settings of the app and it says the annual subscription is active. I’m on IPad and I have the latest software update and I would like to know what’s going on as I have already spent nearly an hour trying to figure this out and I’m starting to get frustrated. The issue only seems to happen whenever I go into full screen mode  and after 2 minutes I getting message " To continue watching premium content please subscribe to NRL Live Pass".    

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Rajput1

Thank you for your post, my apologies that you are also experiencing this issue.

As per my previous posts in this thread, our technical team are aware of this and are investigating. 

In the meantime, I would suggest not changing the video to full screen.

Thank you

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now