CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

cancel NRL live pass subscription and refund

Hi. I purchased NRL live pass sunbscription last year. Still got heaps of time left on the subscription (pretty much to the end of 2018). So Telstra changed the terms and conditions to longer support desktop computer streaming. Considering Australian consumer law dictates that the product or service must confirm to what is advertised, the new product/service no longer is relevant to me, and in accordance to Australian consumer law I am entitled to a full refund. Been trying to get the service refunded for a long time now. I subscribed via credit card at Telstra.com.au/livepass and that website no longer exists. I can no longer login to the Telstra website to manage my subscription. I contact Telstra and they say to cancel the subscription through iTunes. I log into iTunes and there is no NRL subscription there (not surprised as I know I didn't subscribe through iTunes - I registered and subscribed through Telstra.com.au/livepass). I call Telstra on 132200, and no one there knows what an NRL live pass is! They say I have to contact NRL.com and get ther refund through them, giving me the phone number of 1800791039. I call that number and it is Telstra! I ask them what number I called and they say 132200 (I actually rang 1800791039). So Telstra are in denial that they are the NRL livepass (side note - the nrl.com website is registered and served and administered by Telstra!). So I cant seem to cancel my subscription and get a refund. Can anyone out there assist and point me to a department in Telstra that actually understands and manages the NRL livepass subscriptions?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: cancel NRL live pass subscription and refund

@davecurtinsmith I have responded to your post here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/NRL-Live/NRL-Live-Pass-Changes-2017/m-p/741668#M741

Happy to respond here if you need more help with this.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit