CrowdSupport®
lt88
Level 1: Cadet

chromecast

I tried mirror imaging NRL , as Telstra said that Telstr customers could watch the nrl videos , cast from their phone to a smart tv. This didn't work....just kept getting an error message "this device is not suitable"(or something like that ). I have now bought a Google Chromecast and a Google Home Mini. Is this what i will need to connect to my tv so that i can watch items  that are on the internet on my phone, and put them up on the large screen on my tv. Is this something that a novice like me can do?....don't want to stuff up mt tv or my new phone. Thank you...any help is appreciated.

a.l taylor

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: chromecast

Hi @lt88 

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any confusion regarding NRL Live Pass. 

Live streaming of NRL is only available via the NRL Live App on a compatible mobile or tablet device and this live stream is not able to be cast to your TV. As per the terms and conditions

Airplay: Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any NRL Live Pass.

Telstra’s agreement with the NRL restricts the display of live match videos to a 7 inch screen, match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now