raiders2017
Level 2: Rookie

nrl app

Answered

G,day i,ve just reinstalled the 2019 nrl app on my iphone 5 which is updated to ios 10.3.3

the app just says to update but doesn,t give you an option to just keeps going from update to open to update to open round & round please help ? just want to watch footy cheers Steve

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: nrl app

Hi @raiders2017 @Joe86 @graygran @Dragons16

Thank you for your post. 

As per the terms and conditions of the NRL Live Pass, the NRL Live App is supported for iOS devices running iOS 11 or above.

Unfortunately, if you are running an earlier version of iOS, we cannot guarantee that the NRL Live App will work as intended. 

My apologies for any inconvenience. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @raiders2017 @Nrlfanintas @Maureen52 @graygran @Dragons16 @Joe86

Thank you for your patience with this one. 

A patch update was released this morning to allow users on iOS 10 and above to update and access the NRL Live App. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Joe86
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem - been chatting with telstra but they suggested crowd support. I think the NRL 2019 app requires iOS 11
raiders2017

WELL that's just great isn't it every it's something else
raiders2017

every year it's something else
Highlighted
graygran

That wasn't mentioned when purchasing subscription - old and gray and VERY UPSET
Dragons16

Same for me just keeps going round and round from update to open and back again- after message to update around 6.45 last night. Can see scores etc in darkened background but "update" is covering it and the loop goes on and on. Reinstalled but same thing, someone out there in the real world help
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @raiders2017 @Joe86 @graygran @Dragons16

Thank you for your post. 

As per the terms and conditions of the NRL Live Pass, the NRL Live App is supported for iOS devices running iOS 11 or above.

Unfortunately, if you are running an earlier version of iOS, we cannot guarantee that the NRL Live App will work as intended. 

graygran

A lesson for all - terms and conditions to the final "full stop" MUST be read - IOS 11 or above is virtually at that "full stop". Thankfully a financial lesson could have been devastating had 365 days membership been paid in advance. Not everyone is in a position to purchase new devices on the whim of Apps requirements. NRL / Telstra - not at all happy!!!
Edl

I have purchaced a subscription too. How do I cancel it if I can't get into the app due to having an iPhone 5??
So frustrating
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Edl

Thank you for your post. 

As your subscription would be registered via iTunes on your device, you will need to cancel via the instructions in the below link

iOS Users with an In-App subscription go to: https://tel.st/4cpca

Maureen52

I have an older IPAD. I cannot open the app. I was billed $99.99 on 18 February for a service I can't access. How do I get my money back?
Nrlfanintas

Same for me too, Dog move Telstra, letting everybody buy up on subscriptions then releasing the new iOS 11 update just a day before the opening game of the season, telstra workers who design these apps must need to wear masks in public places. Happy to take our subscription money though guilt free, Just want to watch live footy.
raiders2017

Yet again no thought to the people who support & watch the game SURPRISE,SURPRISE every year something changes making access harder & harder UNLESS YOU PAY MORE & MORE what next you'll only be able to watch the footy on an apple watch with a screen size of a matchbox sitting right next to a Telstra phone tower on a clear & sunny day AWESOME....

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @raiders2017 @Nrlfanintas @Maureen52 @graygran @Dragons16 @Joe86

Thank you for your patience with this one. 

A patch update was released this morning to allow users on iOS 10 and above to update and access the NRL Live App. 

raiders2017

Thank you Telstra all we want to do watch the footy hopefully this helps everyone as it helps me cheers 🍻
Nrlfanintas

thanks heaps, the right thing has been done. I know other people on iOS 9, will there be a patch for that one?

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Nrlfanintas

Unfortunately, we are unable to release a patch update for iOS 9 users, as this version of iOS is simply no longer supported by Apple for updates. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now