jeb1
Level 2: Rookie

nrl live pass

I have an existing N.R.L. live pass on my iPad mini [does not have a Sim Card ].This pass is due for renewal. I believe that due to my mobile pre-paid account with constant $30 recharge, I can receive free N.R.L. matches that are included with the pre-paid mobile phone account. I also have a Telstra land line with ADSL2+.I can see how to cancel my yearly subscription, but how then do I install this new free service?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: nrl live pass

HI @ jeb1

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Firstly here is the link explaining all about the NRL Live Pass offer for Telstra Mobile Customers:https://tel.st/l7uy9

Yes, you're right, if you have a Telstra Mobile pre-paid plan with a minimum $30+ monthly recharge you are eliglble for the offer.

What data-free means in relation to the Live Pass is streaming of live games, match replays, hightlights and other premium content will be unmetered. Small amounts of data is used for partner advertising, and app-specific features such as Player Tracking and The Worm. 

You will need to cancel your existing NRL Live Pass subscription before you take up the Free Pass offer. You should do this at least 48 hrs before your renewal date to avoid being charged another annual fee. 

The current free NRL Season Pass expires later this month on Jan 31. I suggest taking up the offer after this date when the 2019 NRL LIve Pass has been released. 

With regards to your iPad Mini, the NRL Live Pass requires iOS10.0 and above. So as long as you have a  iPad Mini 2, 3 or 4 it should work fine with the NRL app. 

You will need to download the NRL Live Pass onto your pre-paid mobile, be connected to the Telstra Mobile network and start the redeeming process by selecting the Free for Telstra Mobile Customers option and following the prompts. 

Once complete you will reach the Congratulations screen showing the $0.00 Season Pass. 

On your iPad Mini, download the NRL Live app and open. Select the 'Already have an NRL Account Linked' option at the bottom of the page and click Log In.

You should then be taken to the front page of the App

Click More > NRL Live Pass to check your subscription, it should show the $0.00 Season Pass. 

If you have further questions, definitely let me know

Regards

Micheal W 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jeb1
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you for your help. After studying your guide, I find I have a couple of hurdles that need sorting.
My subscription page on the iPad shows that my status is active with $0.00 Season Pass.
Next renewal is Jan 31, 2020.
I only have a mobile phone that was supplied by Telstra as an update. It is not a Smart Phone. I can't download onto it. Also can't log in to "already have an NRL account. on my iPad with the "user name and password" just used on the mobile. Does my $0.00 signify all is o.k? jeb1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @jeb1

As long as the Account page shows your active $0.00 Season Pass and with the expiry of next year. It should be fine

If it works on your iPad mini then I wouldnt worry about it not being able to download the pass onto your mobile. 

Regards

Micheal W 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more