See-yo
Level 1: Cadet

Chromecast error, network error, subscription error, error...error...what am I paying for again?

I have been using the netball live app for the past year and all I can say that it is by far, the worst app I have ever used. I would have assumed that a paid app would have better service, functionality and smoother interface but alas, this does not even do the one job it is suppose to.

I cannot even watch last week’s match as there is apparently a ‘network error’ which is clearly not on my end as I am sending this letter online as we speak.

It took you a year to ‘hide’ results, it took you a year to work out chromecast, and now, it is taking you longer than a year to do the one thing I pay monthly subscriptions for and that is, dun dun daaaaaa, watch netball games!

If I can’t even watch netball games, there is no point to me continuing to pay for this service and quite frankly, I should be refunded that which I have paid so far. It is like I have paid for a shirt and the retailer says ‘oh no, there is an error, you don’t get a shirt’. Would you not agree?

Every weekend I am going to forums finding numerous people in my same situation with the same issues, only to find that the technician’s response has become the repetitive ‘this will be fixed by next round’. How does that have any bearing on watching previous rounds!?

The deteriorating functionality of this app is becoming absurd and I feel I am becoming the idiot for continuing to pay for it, when really, an app that does not perform its main function? That is the utmost idiocy.

I don’t know what response I am expecting from this letter, but I assume I will get the stock-standard ‘thank you for your email and our sincerest apologies you are having issues...we are working on the problem and will have it fixed soon...sorry for the inconvenience’. First of all, I am not having issues, the app is. So perhaps I am expecting a response that says something genuine like ‘yeah we don’t know what we are doing, we don’t know how to fix it so yeah, my bad and here is your money back’.

Your idiot customer,

Siobhan

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Chromecast error, network error, subscription error, error...error...what am I paying for again?

Hello @See-yo

I can see that you contacted us last July with this issue, we tested the 

App and could not replicate the issue you were reporting.

We then asked for information to assist further, and I cannot locate anywhere you have

responded with that information? https://tel.st/rltjj

We had issues over Round 1 with iOS customers restoring subscriptions (now resolved) and some

users have reported issues with casting, this is still under investigation.

We have had no other reports describing the issues you're reporting, I am currently

watching the Lightning vs Fever match with no issue.

For us to investigate further, could you please provide your device details?

Make and model and software version?

How did you subscribe?

Have you updated to the latest version of the Netball Live App?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
See-yo
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Chromecast error, network error, subscription error, error...error...what am I paying for again?

I live in the UK but this shouldn't be the issue as watched last season, albeit with issues but not this network / service error.

Further to this, my below device details should not be the issues as I was able to watch round 1 replays in the first week, the error came on in the second week.

Device: OnePlus 6T (A6013)
Android Version: 9
CPU: Snapdragon 845
Subscription was renewed over mobile app
Yes, have the latest version of the app

Tried my other device and same error
Pixel XL
Android version 9
latest app version
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @See-yo

Thanks for providing your device details.

I would like to escalate this to the support team, I'll send a private message shortly.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now