CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Shan15
Level 1: Cadet

Netball live data charge

When I stream live matches or replays on the netball live app, it is charging me data on my Telstra pre paid portable Wi-Fi. I did a test and it doesn't not use data when I use the NRL app. In my offers it says I'm entitled to data free steaming on the netball live app.
This is my reference number
INT 1-2097619678313.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Netball live data charge

Hi @Shan15

Thank you for your post, my apologies for the delayed response.

I am currently looking into this with the technical team, and will get back to you as soon as possible with further information. 

Thank you

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Shan15

So last night we streamed the NRL and it was using up our data again. So netball and NRL we are actually being charged data use.
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Shan15,

Apologies for any issues experienced using Telstra's sporting Apps.

Telstra Pre-Paid mobile customers are able to stream all video within

the mentioned Apps unmetered.

This does not mean all data is unmetered, there will still be some usage for 

initial connection, news articles, updates etc.

Streaming video uses high amounts of data, how much data has been used up?

If you are being charged for video data, you would be using several GB per match.

Have you set up a Telstra 24x7 account? It is possible to review your unmetered usage

within the 24x7 App, this will indicate if you are being charged for video data or not.

Another possibility is the use of a VPN, if you are using a VPN, then the Apps are unable to

identify you as a Telstra customer. If this is the case, please turn off the VPN.

Please let me know how you go

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Shan15

I haven't watched a full match of anything yet, because I watch 15 mins and the data just keeps going up. I'm only watching videos in the NRL and netball apps, not doing anything else. And I don't have a VPN so it's not that unfortunately. I'll see up the 24x7 app and see if that shows anything different.
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Shan15,

Thanks for those details.

How are you currently measuring your data to know you're usage is going up?

It's not that the Apps do not use data, it's that the data is unmetered.

If you are checking data meters within a device, then it will count all data together,

both metered (charged) and unmetered (no charge).

Only Telstra's 24x7 App is able to display your unmetered/metered usage to provide an accurate 

reflection of your data charges, once you have checked please let me know what you discover.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Shan15

Thsnks for your reply. This is becoming s confusing for me. Are you able to message me privately and I'll show you some screenshots from the 24x7 app. Thanks.
Support Team
Support Team

No worries @Shan15,

I will send a private message for you to respond to shortly.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now