CrowdSupport®
Kel1
Level 1: Cadet

3G internet on iPhone not working but wifi is fine

I have a Telstra prepaid iPhone 4. Since my last recharge my 3G says it is connected but the Internet and apps are loading without success. I can make calls. SMS take hours to be received. I can connect to my home wifi network. My software is up to date. Please help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: 3G internet on iPhone not working but wifi is fine

I would try reseting the network connection

go settings -> general -> reset -> Reset Network Settings,
all this will do is make the phone forget its connection and force it to find and reconnect to the network and can sometimes improve issues with network like you are having.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now