pollox66
Level 1: Cadet

3g

I have been with Virgin for many years but they are closing down. I am now moving to Telstra. My Virgin supports the 4g network. My new sim only plan is 3g. Is sim only limited to 3g and and is a more expensive plan with a mobile support 4g. Please advise.

Pollo

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: 3g

What make and model phone do you have? The phone might not support the frequencies Telstra uses for 4G. All Telstra SIMs should support both 3G and 4G.

Level 22: Superhuman

Re: 3g

To the best of my knowledge, Telstra doesn't have 3G plans. It may be your handset, possibly may not have all Telstra 4G frequencies... Virgin is Optus and they use "some" different frequencies.
Your situation simply doesn't sound correct.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now