McGuire72
Level 2: Rookie

4g messages

Please stop the 4g small cell text messages.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Wizard2
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: 4g messages

These will be the local broadcast messages. What brand and model device are you using so that we can assist with turning them off?
The internet is a wonderful place.

I am a Telstra Employee however i am posting in my own time. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstras. I am a customer of Telstra.
McGuire72

Samsung S9
Wizard2

Great. To turn off broadcast messages, open up Messages > tap on three dots on top right of display > Settings > More Settings > Turn off Broadcast Channels.

This should stop those messages from coming through.

I am a Telstra Employee however i am posting in my own time. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstras. I am a customer of Telstra.
Wizard2

I've just done some research into this and if this doesn't resolve the issue, it appears they cannot be turned off. The reason it's being sent is to let you know that it's a LTE only cell. It's a safety thing as while 4G/LTE works on most devices, there is a still some people with 3G only mobiles who won't have reception and won't be able to make normal or SOS calls in an emergency.

McGuire72

Opposite to safe if I look at the message! Not good enough.
Wizard2

There is plenty of other threads on this particular topic where a Telstra rep has responded. You're welcome to read through some of them to better understand what I mean.

You can also ignore the messages or block the Telstra messages via the device or contact settings.

McGuire72

Hmmmm. Blocking the Telstra messages might work.
I have looked at some of the other threads without seeing any resolution.
McGuire72

Well, now I have a simple answer.
Put a line through the bell. No more notification sound.
I hope bushfire warnings are not on the same number....
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

They are a legal requirement, essentially you can't block them on your side and Telstra can't block sending them to you

muting them is about the only thing you can do

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now