KAT76
Level 1: Cadet

5 Day Outage - How to get through to technical team

I live in a remote community in NT. We're going into the 5th day of a mobile outage however I can only get through to overseas call centre who can't tell us why or when it will be fixed. They can't even give me a number to call the technical team in Melbourne who manage this stuff - they will send an email to the team though no one has ever gotten back to me. The outage website is never updated, it just lists the outage as under investigation. Even a technician who called regarding a previous outage was unable and unwilling to help us get in touch with someone locally about the current outage??????? How on earth can I get an informed update regarding our outage?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: 5 Day Outage - How to get through to technical team

If it is listed as under investigation, you will not get an estimate of when service will be restored as it usually means that they don't know what the problem is yet and are trying to work out what repairs need to be made.

Once the problem has been identified and any parts/services ordered (internal or external suppliers), then a restoration eta will be available.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
KAT76
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the reply. I understand the issue around identifying the cause of the fault etc but after 5 days with no service and no ability to get through to a Telstra representative who could at least explain what steps Telstra are taking to resolve the outage, it becomes pretty frustrating. Surely Telstra understands the need for communication and transparency, especially in the context of customer service. We have 200 people unable to communicate via mobile and only 1 working Telstra payphone.

Unfortunately, being in a remote area means that timings are greatly dependent on the availability of a Telstra crew to get out to your location. The staff that you speak to through the 132200 number have no visibility of that information.

A better point of contact would be your local Telstra Country Wide Manager. They can be contacted on 1800 687 829 or TelstraNT@team.telstra.com
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more