CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Pelagicmuse
Level 1: Cadet

Activating international roaming after leaving Australia

Answered

Isn’t there a way to set this up after leaving on pre paid?  I have an online account, it’s available in Costa Rica and I’ve purchased the international roaming pack. What gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Activating international roaming after leaving Australia

International Roaming is not available to PrePaid accounts, only to devices on a plan.costarica.PNGfrom https://www.telstra.com.au/international-roaming/pre-paid-mobile

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

International Roaming is not available to PrePaid accounts, only to devices on a plan.costarica.PNGfrom https://www.telstra.com.au/international-roaming/pre-paid-mobile

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dadee28
Level 6: Bloodhound

Did you mean you already have a post-paid plan? International Roaming is automatically activated on Pre-Paid and new Post-Paid Mobiles. Pre-paid account however appears to be not available in Costa Rica though.
If you think that I was able to help, hitting the kudos button is very much appreciated!

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now