Intrix
Level 2: Rookie

Blue mobile backup connection light, Telstra Smart Modem 2.0

Answered
Hello, I have had this problem for quite some time with my previous modem (technicolor TG797n v3), where the internet would randomly cut out with no warning, and multiple phone calls to telstra provided no solution, till I eventually found the solution by myself by changing different aspects of mygateway. Eventually we got the new Smart Modem 2.0, which worked for 2 months before having the same problem of no internet (which was the original issue). The lights on the modem are blue on the front with all lights on the back being green. When in diagnostics I see that ipv4 and ipv6 have no address assigned. I have reset my password and put it into the broadband PPPoE settings but it produces no results. I’m not sure if it’s just telstra’s lines that are faulty for our house because no one around is effected. We also have our landline (which is connected to the modem) working. I am honestly lost of where to go at this point.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Intrix
Accepted Solution

Re: Blue mobile backup connection light, Telstra Smart Modem 2.0

Yes it was a problem with the cable, I was called back by telstra and they were able to fix it due to a fault in the line from their end.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Is the WAN / DSL light steady green? If its not then then it could be a cable problem especially if you hear noise when using the phone.

Intrix
Accepted Solution

Yes it was a problem with the cable, I was called back by telstra and they were able to fix it due to a fault in the line from their end.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now