CrowdSupport®
Iwilcallyouback
Level 1: Cadet

Calls Dropping of Very Poor Quality

I recently transferred to Telstra post-paid and since this time I have had nothing but very poor call quality and/or calls that go quiet or drop out. My most common used words on every call is "I;ll call you back". I initially suspected the phone was faulty but sent it back to the manufacturer and they have cleared it (S9). I have taken the SIM out of the S9 and placed in another phone. Same problem. This is nothing to do with any specific area as it happens everywhere I travel. So i read somewhere that I should change the SIM - done that. No change. I also read that Telstra may have to refresh software settings in their system. I need to know how this can be done as I am about to disconnect and go back to my original supplier where i didnt have these issues.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Calls Dropping of Very Poor Quality

If it is happening in multiple devices and SIM cards it would need to be investigated by faults on 132203. It could be an account issue, or even something like an issue with the forwarding for your number by your previous provider having issues. They would be able to go over the investigation to look into it for you. Just let them know upfront what you have tired already. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now