CrowdSupport®
Scotty91
Level 1: Cadet

Calls not connecting to one particular number

For months, I have been having an issue calling my partner’s phone. I get a message saying “this number is not connected”. However, this doesn’t happen all of the time (about 50% of the time) and she can call me with no issues. Her’s is the only number where this keeps happening, every other number I call is fine. 

We’re both with Boost Mobile now, but we were getting the issue when we were both on Aldi as well. The common denominator being that they’re both operating on the Telstra network. The issue has persisted across providers and when we were living in different locations (although they were close by so it may still be the same network tower). My partner has even gotten a new phone during this period, so it’s not the handset. 

We’ve called the faults line and they’ve run diagnostics which claim there are no issues relating to either of our numbers. Has anyone had this issue before and been able to resolve it? This is a pretty serious issue, we have a small child and if I need to call my partner in an emergency I cannot have it telling me her number is disconnected. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Calls not connecting to one particular number

What suburb, and what handset do each of you have?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Scotty91
Level 1: Cadet

Hey Jupiter, 

Suburb at the moment is Lutwyche, previously Albion (both 4030). I have aN iPhone XS and my partner has an iPhone 11, her previous one was an iPhone 6s+. 

That's definitely an odd one. I'd expect them both to exhibit the same behaviour in the same location.

Almost does sound like an backend settings issue.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more