CrowdSupport®
Pappi
Level 1: Cadet

Can't receive messages and calls but I can make them

I have a Telstra tempo prepaid phone attached to my byo plan.

i haven't been able to receive calls or messages for two days but I can make them.

my partner is also with Telstra but his phone is fine.

i live in cairns, queensland 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Can't receive messages and calls but I can make them

Hello Pappi,

Again sounds like you have enabled barring in settings. Please check that it is off.

Thanks

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Can't receive messages and calls but I can make them

There is a national fault currently listed against mobile services, apparently there is an issue causing intermittent issues with calling, text and data services... no resolution is currently listed, but this might be playing a part, or might be coincidental
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now