CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cancelling my international day pass

Answered

I am extremely frustrated. 

I recently went on a trip to Japan with my family. Whilst there I turned on the add-on international day pass for me and my wife. 

After returning home, I have tried multiple times to turn it off and it failed. Via the web and the 24/7 app. After having forgot about it, I realised today it is still on both accounts, and charging me $10/day. I think that is totally unacceptable, particularly given (a) Telstra's systems will not allow me to cancel (I am using the functionality they have provided in their systems, it just doesn't work); and (b) Telstra KNOW that I am not travelling, or using the service, yet they still are CHARGING for it even though I've tried multiple times to cancel to no avail.

After the most recent failed attempt, the system is urging me to chat via the 24/7 chatbot. So i ask a question how to I cancel my "international day pass add-on" (which i believe is the exact same terminology on the app and in my account) and it responds "I dont understand your question" and then after rephrasing told me how on the iPhone how to turn off data roaming ... of course it didn't tell me how to stop Telstra charging me $10/day for a service I dont want, dont need, and cant cancel!!

Telstra this is totally unsatisfactory. Please address ASAP 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancelling my international day pass

Hi @Dave157 , that does sound frustrating, best thing to do is wait until the next bill is issued and have a look at your usage. International Day Pass is enabled by default on most plans, it is triggered by eligible use in eligible roaming destinations, i.e making or receiving a call, using data or sending a text message whilst overseas in an eligible destination. You will only be charged $10 a day that you have used (as described above) the service. You will not be charged $10 per day if you are not overseas anymore, the best thing to do is just leave the service enabled until next time you travel as if you do not have International Day Pass the standard roaming rates will apply and these can be much pricier. Hope this helps.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancelling my international day pass

Hi @Dave157 , that does sound frustrating, best thing to do is wait until the next bill is issued and have a look at your usage. International Day Pass is enabled by default on most plans, it is triggered by eligible use in eligible roaming destinations, i.e making or receiving a call, using data or sending a text message whilst overseas in an eligible destination. You will only be charged $10 a day that you have used (as described above) the service. You will not be charged $10 per day if you are not overseas anymore, the best thing to do is just leave the service enabled until next time you travel as if you do not have International Day Pass the standard roaming rates will apply and these can be much pricier. Hope this helps.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more