CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
James1960
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot receive sms of internet banking transaction authorisation code (TAC) from overseas bank

I am unable to receive sms of transation authorisation code (TAC) from my banks in Malaysia when registering for online banking.

My Telstra mobile number was registered with my banks in Malaysia.  However, my mobile phone never received the sms of TAC despite being informed by my banks that it had  been sent to my phone.

This has been a problem ever since I moved back to Australia in Jan 2016 and subscribed to Telstra. 

I have highlighted my problem to the staff at some Telstra stores. They could not find any solution to my problem.  I  was told by my overseas banks that problems would be from my telephone service provider.

Can someone from Telstra kindly look more closely into the international service of my phone and resolve the problem as I may have to switch to another service provider.

Kind regards

Kiong-Hua Lim

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cannot receive sms of internet banking transaction authorisation code (TAC) from overseas bank

It would depend on whether your bank actually sends international SMS' or not. They may have your number on record, but their system may not send messages to an international number (ie a restriction within their system).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Cannot receive sms of internet banking transaction authorisation code (TAC) from overseas bank

@James1960,

In addition to what Jupiter has mentioned, we can't actually check your services for issues via CrowdSupport.

I would recommend talking to the Mobile Faults team on 132200 or via Live Chat to see if there are any international SMS restrictions on your service.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

James1960
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try to find out from my bank regarding the 'restriction' in their system and hopefully my bank understand the possible problem.

Once again, thank you for your help

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now