Highlighted
Poppadombill
Level 2: Rookie

Cant make or receive calls

So.. I've been told there is a problem with the network but I can't find it on any of the outages web sites. I haven't been able to make or receive calls since yesterday but I can send text msgs and use the internet. Is anyone else around Rockingham having a similar issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
mjmars1985
Level 8: Inspector

Re: Cant make or receive calls

Hi,
For us to be able to help you further, do you mind telling whats the make and model of your device?
is this a newly activated device?
Is it a locked from other network?
While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent that of Telstra.
Poppadombill

Its an old optus ZTE blade I got it unlocked a couple of days ago, and was working great.
mjmars1985

are you still using a 2G sim card?
is this an android phone?
can you try transferring the sim to other device if it will work?
your sim sir is it a prepaid sim or on a plan?
While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent that of Telstra.
Poppadombill

No its a new sim, prepaid. No I don't have anything to transfer the sim to
mjmars1985

have you called telstra to activate the sim?
i want you to dial from the phone with the new sim on it - this number 125 8887 - to confirm if the sim was activated already.
Poppadombill

The sim is activated I've been making calls sending msgs using my data.
mjmars1985

did it work sir?
Poppadombill

Did what work?
Level 22: Superhuman

And good afternoon to you also.
Is your call issue just at one location on the same cell site or at different locations where you are on a different cell site and or sector?
You should put your sim into another phone to isolate whether it's a phone problem or a sim/network issue.
Having done that please advise.
Thank you
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now