CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Sh976
Level 1: Cadet

Complaint not being resolved

Hi, I’d just like to make Telstra aware that I have been having issues with my NBN for sometime now, about 2 months I’d say. I have followed every instruction and had technitions sent out only to be told there is nothing wrong with my internet. The issue being that I am continuously having drop outs when it rains, the NBN have done 24 hour checks numerous times and they continue to tell me nothing is wrong. Also they have only lodged maybe 2 out of the many drop outs we have been getting. A Telstra Plaitnum technician was sent out and informed me that there is an issue 150m down the road, I later received a call from Telstra explaining that he found no issues and everything is fine. I have had to explain the situation to many times to count to countless people and I am getting nowhere with this. I also intend to follow this up with the ombudsman as I am not getting the service I’ve been promised in my contract, my ping sometimes rises to 30 and I’m barely able to connect. I hope this issue can be resolved, if not I will be contacting the ombudsman and pushing this matter further. Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Complaint not being resolved

Have you lodged a official complaint to Telstra by ringing 132200 and when asked for reason of call saying complaint or by using the online form?

https://www.telstra.com.au/small-business/support/contact-us/make-a-complaint

Sh976

Yes. I’ve been speaking to the complaints team for the last few weeks and nothing has been resolved.
Level 25: The Singularity

A ping of 30ms is practically nothing and would not affect connectivity.

Telstra cannot touch the infrastructure outside you home, so it would have been an NBN Co technician investigating the fault. If the problems only occur when it is raining, they may not be able to detect a fault easily.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Sh976

The ping is suppose to be 5. And it affects speed, never said it is any cause for the drop outs.
A premium technition was sent out and told me he will inform NBN of the issue, they have done 24hour checks when the weather has been at its worst and still come back telling me there is nothing wrong. They even have record of the drop outs at Telstra and they have been notifying nbn of the issue. I understand they are 2 different companies but honestly the communication is the biggest fault I’ve experienced.

Can you post a traceroute result when you experience the problem and also the modem connection stats? That might help narrow down what is happening.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Sh976,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your nbn service. I understand that any disruption isn't a great experience however with telecommunications, unexpected outages, planned maintenance or faults can occur.

The first thing to do if you have issues with our service is to check the location here

Is your address affected by a disruption?

If so, we would be aiming to restore services as quickly as possible.

If no disruptions are listed, my advice would be to login here & complete the troubleshooting as it may help fix any issues you're currently experiencing, but also helps speed up the fault process if you need to call our fault team on 1800 834 273. 

You'll receive a reference number that can be quoted to our tech staff if the troubleshooting link doesn't resolve. If they're unable to resolve over the phone, they may monitor the connection or arrange a tech appointment. 

Being you've mentioned a complaint, the assigned case manager would be doing what they can to help resolve the matter. 

Has the case manager been keeping you updated?

If not & you'd like us to follow up with them to request contact on your behalf, please respond with the reference number. These look similar to SR 1-XXXXXXXXXXXXX. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now