CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Constant call drops since moving to Telstra

I used to be on vodafone and had fine reception, I'm now on Telstra and calls are constantly dropping. I joined Telstra as it was meant to be the best network but it seems like a downgrade.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Constant call drops since moving to Telstra

Which model phone are you using? It may not be using VoLTE, which would mean that it is dropping back to 3G to make calls. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Galaxy s9 is the handset.

Highlighted

If you go to Settings->About Phone->Software Information, what is the last line of Service Provider SW version?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

The last line says: TEL/TEL/TEL. Let me know if this isn't the line you need.

Also thanks for assisting.

Highlighted

Well, that's a good sign. It should be using VoLTE as it has picked up the Telstra carrier settings. 

Which town/ suburb and state are you in?

Does the drop outs occur everywhere, or just in certain locations?

Highlighted

They occur mostly in St Kilda, however I also make most of my personal calls here in St Kilda too so it's hard to say.

Highlighted

There isn't  be any reason that I can see why you shouldn't be getting the same service on Telstra as Vodafone in St Kilda.

Both companies have similar numbers of towers and bands in that part of the world. Similar geographical spread as well. 

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more