hobo21
Level 1: Cadet

Cost to caller to my mobile

Answered

I will be setting up the international roaming day pass on my mobile while overseas. I am expecting some tour guides to call me (e.g. tour guide call me from Krakow while I am in Krakow). I know a lot of work phones have restrictions to block them making international calls. If they call from the same country as I will be in, will this be an international call for them (and therefore may be blocked)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Cost to caller to my mobile

Yes, it will be an international call as far as they are concerned.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Yes, it will be an international call as far as they are concerned.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi hobo21,

Thanks for reaching out. @Jupiter is correct and it will be charged as an international call. Furthermore, if you have a postpaid mobile service, you can find international rates (and Day Pass) for Krakow here http://tel.st/rqauv. If you have a prepaid mobile service, international call rates can be found here http://tel.st/akwgr. You'll also need to search by the country so in your case please search Poland. 

Also, don't forget to enable international roaming on your mobile service before you leave Australia. You can do this online via our Telstra 24x7 app http://tel.st/c3dld or My Account  http://tel.st/ra6rr.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

hobo21
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks. So if it is an international call for them to call from Krakow to my mobile in Krakow, their work mobile may block this call?

Also I am away for 30 days and really only wanted to have Iphone on in case guides etc need to contact me, but will I have to pay $10 every single day if my apps are running in the background (ie the $10 per day will be activated each day I use the internet). I certainly don't want to pay $300 'just in case' I receive one phone call, which may end up being blocked anyway. I would still like some data for accessing maps.

Support Team
Support Team

No worries hobo21, most welcome. Smiley Happy  In regard to the call being blocked, this is a possibility, so it might be worth checking that out, I'm sure the tour guides would have a way around this.

If you do not wish to pay for a day pass, that does indeed expire daily, you can set up Pay As You Go. More information is available via the links Tim has provided.

Let me know if there is anything further I can assist with. Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now