CrowdSupport®
Will310
Level 1: Cadet

DHL or Chinese embassy scam

Answered
After I switched to Telstra, I have received countless calls form fake DHL or Chinese embassy. Did my private info leak? Any help from Telstra to block those numbers. ( call back day number is not connected)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: DHL or Chinese embassy scam

No. You just got unlucky and picked out at random by the scammers.

As the numbers that they are calling from aren't real, it is next to impossible for Telstra to do anything about it. If they are calling your mobile, then your handset may have a setting to block the numbers (although if they change the number they are pretending to come from, it's only a stop-gap solution).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: DHL or Chinese embassy scam

No. You just got unlucky and picked out at random by the scammers.

As the numbers that they are calling from aren't real, it is next to impossible for Telstra to do anything about it. If they are calling your mobile, then your handset may have a setting to block the numbers (although if they change the number they are pretending to come from, it's only a stop-gap solution).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now