CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
soro
Level 1: Cadet

Daypass

Answered
I am overseas in an eligible Daypass destination. If I send a text or make a call to Australia, do I get charged the whole $10 or part of?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Daypass

You will get charged $10 for each day that you use the service. No partial charges.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Accepted Solution

You will get charged $10 for each day that you use the service. No partial charges.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
soro

@Jupiter Thank you for your reply.
Can I turn the service (Daypass) on and off in case I would not spend that much?
JonYn
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

As long as you don't use the service (sms, calls, or data) there will be no $10 charges even if Day Pass is active,
DISCLAIMER: My opinion should not reflect to Telstra.
Support Team
Support Team

It is quite true that you will only be charged the days that you use your phone for calls, sms, & data. Bear in mind you will also be charged when someone calls or sms's you. If the are no incoming or outgoing calls/sms/data then there will be no charge.

More on that online here https://tel.st/8alwa

Let me know if I can help further.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

James8834

Can I turn the service (Daypass) on and off in case I would not spend that much? psiphon

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @James8834 Welcome to CrowdSupport! 

I can advise that you'll only be charged the $10 for Day Pass on days (calculated on 24 hours from midnight Sydney time) on the days you actually use the service for a chargeable activity. So if you don't use the service you won't be charged the daily $10 amount for that AEST 24 hour period. Find out more here: https://tel.st/cpnle Smiley Happy

To avoid accruing charges at all you can put your device into airplane mode which will allow you to connect via a local Wi-Fi service only. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

tmg123
Level 2: Rookie

Hello. The local Telstra shop told us it will cost us $10 a day regardless if we use it or not. We are going for 45 days so will it cost us $450 just to have a phone with us?
Thank you
Support Team
Support Team

Hi tmg123,

I think there has been some confusion, apologies for that. 

You are only charged on the days you use it, that doesn't matter if you use it to make a call or text or data, any use will incur this once off fee.

More info here https://tel.st/ybxud

Let me know if I can help further.

Angela 

tmg123

Hi Angela.

Thank you for the info.

What if I only want to send and receive 1 text per day while in Europe, is the International Day Pass the more affordable way to go or are there other options.

Regards

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us @tmg123,

You have two options while you're overseas, you can do the day pass or the 'Pay-as-you-go roaming', where you will be subject to the rates of the area.

If you follow the link that Angela has provided, you can see the rates that would apply without the day pass by looking at the map.

They 'Pay-as-you-go roaming' option sounds more suitable for you if you're just going to be sending messages here and there. 

If you're going to be doing anything else other than messaging, I would strongly recommend the day pass as the fees can accumulate quite quickly and you can see what I mean on the map.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

- Matty

tmg123

Thanks Matty

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now