CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Eligible countries for international call

Answered

Hi I am on the $129/month mobile on 24 months contract which will expire August 2020. It supposed included unlimited international call and text to 30 countries when I signed up and increased to 76 countries according to my Telstra 24/7 apps. However  I was charged international call a few times and needed to call Telstra to fix my bill. Yesterday,  got the latest bill with over $30 charge for 6 international call and the lady on the phone said I had called to Spain and it's not on the list of eligible country.  Apparently Telstra change the eligible countries without notice.  She told me to check on the website for the international call package,  hello... my plan for international call is not an add on option. Does it mean my free monthly data roaming eligible country change as well?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Eligible countries for international call

It was the International Roaming daypass where the number of countries increased.

For calling to overseas countries on your plan, there were/are 15 eligible countries (Spain has never been on the list).

For international roaming, you still have the data allowance and call/sms allowance.

The conditions of your contract can be found in the Customer Terms section at the bottom of this site.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Calling from Spain is covered by your plan.

Calling to Spain from Australia isn't.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

It was the International Roaming daypass where the number of countries increased.

For calling to overseas countries on your plan, there were/are 15 eligible countries (Spain has never been on the list).

For international roaming, you still have the data allowance and call/sms allowance.

The conditions of your contract can be found in the Customer Terms section at the bottom of this site.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I was in Spain 2 months ago and I have used the roaming data and calls in Spain with no additional charge. I did receive a text message that I was in an eligible country to use it when I landed in Spain. I had called Spain earlier with no additional charge in my bill. I knew it was 15 countries when I signed up but early this year when I checked on my 24/7 apps about my plan with eligible countries,  there are 76 and Spain is on it.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Calling from Spain is covered by your plan.

Calling to Spain from Australia isn't.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more