CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
lm88
Level 1: Cadet

Email wont work on mobile network but will work on wifi

Hi,

I have a HP Laptop with a sim card slot, i use a Telstra sim card, I travel allot and use the sim card for work on the go.

For normal use on WIFI, the laptop/emails work well. Connects fine to Gmail and Telstra (i use both).

As soon as my laptop is working on 4g (mobile network), outlook stays "offline" when i click connect, Gmail prompts for a password for which it then says an unknown error occurs, then askes for password again. Therefore i cannot send/receive emails on 4g this happens repeatably untill i give up.

Help Please.

Lee

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Email wont work on mobile network but will work on wifi

Is this for Telstra mail or Gmail?

If the problem is with Telstra mail check the outlook account settings are set up as per link below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

lm88
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

It is for both of my accounts (both gmail and Telstra mail are managed by outlook) neither will work on the mobile network and both work without issues on wifi.??

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Im88,

To further clarify here, when you're using the 4G service on the laptop are you able to connect to any other sites? 

Please let me know.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now