Highlighted
Slade
Level 2: Rookie

Fixed slow android devices enabling IPv6 on netgear router. Now internet wired ports drop out

I never had an issue with Telstra modems and android devices but I need a Netgear for Nat filtering. I saw my telstra router had IPv6 delegation. Can I enable this on my netgear router? I enabled dhcp IPv6 but it drops my internet connection every hour or so

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Fixed slow android devices enabling IPv6 on netgear router. Now internet wired ports drop out

Is it only devices connected to LAN ports that are loosing there internet connection? If its is devices connected to LAN ports could try disabling IPv6 on the devices.

To a disable IPv6 on a PC go to the network adapters properties and  remove tick next to Internet protocol IPv6 (TCP/IPv6) and reconnect PC.

Slade

Re: Fixed slow android devices enabling IPv6 on netgear router. Now internet wired ports drop out

When I go into the router statistics the up time for wan and wifi stay the same but all lan ports restart by the looks

What model Netgear modem do you have?
Slade

Could it be because I am using a telstra modem in bridge mode?. that is connected to the netgear router? Is there anyway I can use the telstra router as a access point so it doesn't have a dhcp or is this the case in bridge mode?
Slade

I have a R6220 and a new nighthawk ac2300. Same problem on both

Do you have the latest firmware? I don't have any problems with IPv6 enabled on my Telstra Modem.
Slade

Yeah I do. Yeah I didn’t have problems on the Telstra router either but since changing to the netgear router. Which I needed to do the only thing that fixes the android issue is turning on ipv6. Iv changed the setting from dhcp to auto config on the IPv6 Netgear setting so will see if it disconnects

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more