CrowdSupport®
youvere
Level 1: Cadet

Global roaming pricing/details

Answered

Hi, I'm wondering how the pricing works for global roaming.

If I pay for a sim card dataplan and the extra 10$/month for global plan 

Can I use the data in all the countries listed or only one of them ? I have to travel a lot.

Can I use my phone number outside of Australia free of charge ?

Where can I find the detail list on how the pricing is applied.

Half the time I'm going to be in a foreign country.

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Global roaming pricing/details

Hi @youvere

The International Day Pass, for an additional charge per day, lets you make and receive unlimited standard voice calls and SMS and includes 200MB data for use each day (AEST) when travelling in Eligible Roaming Destinations. If you use more than your included data allowance on your International Day Pass, we will automatically add extra data to your service in blocks of 500MB for $10.

Calls/SMS/MMS will be charged at international roaming rates (refer to https://tel.st/5t3ey) and mobile data at $3 per MB (charged per KB or part) where you use your service outside of Eligible Roaming Destinations or choose to opt out of your International Day Pass.

Hope that helps provide some clarity & you can find more information here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If you are meaning for the International Day Pass, then it can be used in any of the countries listed.

The $10 per month Global Plan however is only for calls from Australia to those 20 destinations listed.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @youvere

The International Day Pass, for an additional charge per day, lets you make and receive unlimited standard voice calls and SMS and includes 200MB data for use each day (AEST) when travelling in Eligible Roaming Destinations. If you use more than your included data allowance on your International Day Pass, we will automatically add extra data to your service in blocks of 500MB for $10.

Calls/SMS/MMS will be charged at international roaming rates (refer to https://tel.st/5t3ey) and mobile data at $3 per MB (charged per KB or part) where you use your service outside of Eligible Roaming Destinations or choose to opt out of your International Day Pass.

Hope that helps provide some clarity & you can find more information here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now