Highlighted
RoweyJay
Level 1: Cadet

HELP please- i am overseas & my telstra mobile has disconnected from network

Answered
Hi- i am currently overseas and having major problems with my telstra phone. My telstra mobile has been on international roaming and working fine. After being in airplane mode it now says i am disconnected from the telstra network. I have no network provider. I have no roaming. I cannot make or receive any calls. I tried telstra online chat. This is also not working. I put in subject and it freezes. How do i restore my telstra mobile network connection whilst overseas so i can make and receive calls again??
So frustrated!!! Any help at all would be very much appreciated. I have tried restarting my phone. I have checked connections. Says i have none. My phone bill is paid and up to date. I can also see on my account telstra is happy to charge me $100 for roaming i don't even have access to!!! I am currently in the Faroe Islands. Not sure how to contact telstra for assistance seeing as though i can't chat online or phone????
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: HELP please- i am overseas & my telstra mobile has disconnected from network

Hi there RoweyJay, was your roaming active while you were in another part of Europe, then ceased to work, when putting in Air-Plane mode, while travelling to  Faroe Islands?

Upon checking our roaming page, roaming is actually not available in  Faroe Islands, which is likely why you are not able to connect to any networks.

You would be best placed to get a local provider's sim while over there if you need a connection ASAP.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: HELP please- i am overseas & my telstra mobile has disconnected from network

Hi there RoweyJay, was your roaming active while you were in another part of Europe, then ceased to work, when putting in Air-Plane mode, while travelling to  Faroe Islands?

Upon checking our roaming page, roaming is actually not available in  Faroe Islands, which is likely why you are not able to connect to any networks.

You would be best placed to get a local provider's sim while over there if you need a connection ASAP.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now