Highlighted
Peglegreg
Level 1: Cadet

How many different devises can be used on the Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

I'm going to change my home into a smart home. I got the Google home hub and I'm planning to buy 20 wifi light switches so the Google home hub can operate the lights etc. Them the video camera and doorbell etc. They are all wifi.
So how many wifi components can be used by the Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How many different devises can be used on the Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

In a standard setup, you can have 137 devices (wired and wireless) connected without having to alter the settings.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Peglegreg
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jupiter for the answer.
Havagooday and happynewyear
Level 21: Augmented

Hi @Jupiter@Peglegreg,

I would suggest that it is actually 253 devices. Default settings on my Technicolor Gen2 are:

Modem IP: 192.168.0.1

Netmask: 255.255.255.0

DHCP Start Address: 192.168.0.2

DHCP End Address: 192.168.0.254

That gives 253 possible IP addresses. 

Whether the modem will be able to handle that is of course completely different question...

Chees

FG

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now