Highlighted
Waikikamukau
Level 4: Private Eye

How much does it cost for someone to txt me when overseas?

Answered
I can't really find any information that describes the costs for others to call/txt my phone number whilst on a cruise. I can see how much it costs me to send/receive calls or sms messages.

I assume that each individual carrier has their own rates, but even my own telstra rates don't accurately explain what it would cost me to txt someone else's phone whilst they are overseas.

Basically, I am travelling to Vanuatu and will be taking my phone. I have a global roaming sim with me which is half the cost of Telstra for more service. How much would it cost my family to send me a txt message if they have a normal expensive Telstra mobile service at home in Australia?
Cheap, Fast, Reliable . . . you may only pick two
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How much does it cost for someone to txt me when overseas?

VANUATU

Make and receive a call
$2.00
per minute
Send SMS
75c
Receive SMS
Free
Data
$3.00 per MB
charged per KB

Buy data pack
Send MMS
Standard Charges

+ $3.00 per MB
Receive MMS
$3.00 per MB
MessageBank®
Standard charges apply

They would pay normal price to send an SMS (unlimited included in a number of plans with Telstra), and you can recieve them for free, if you reply, you will pay $0.75c per SMS you send. With Calls, again they would have normal rates however you will pay $2.00 per minute that you make or recieve the call. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

VANUATU

Make and receive a call
$2.00
per minute
Send SMS
75c
Receive SMS
Free
Data
$3.00 per MB
charged per KB

Buy data pack
Send MMS
Standard Charges

+ $3.00 per MB
Receive MMS
$3.00 per MB
MessageBank®
Standard charges apply

They would pay normal price to send an SMS (unlimited included in a number of plans with Telstra), and you can recieve them for free, if you reply, you will pay $0.75c per SMS you send. With Calls, again they would have normal rates however you will pay $2.00 per minute that you make or recieve the call. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 23: Superhero

I'll add that someone calling your mobile will be charge the standard rate as they would if you was in AU. It's the additional charges you'll incur for receiving, making calls/sms.

Cheers,
Dave

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more