CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

How to Connect to Telstra 4GX Wi-Fi Plus on Desktop Computer

Answered

I recently bought a Telstra 4GX Wi-Fi Plus device as there is an outage in my area preventing me from accessing internet service. I use a desktop computer and when I plug the Micro USB cable into the computer and switch the device on, my desktop computer does not seem to respond to the device? (as in there is still no internet even though the device is on and my phones can connect to it fine)

My desktop computer does not have a wireless receiver but I would've thought by connecting the device to the computer directly would allow it to go online...

Please help. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: How to Connect to Telstra 4GX Wi-Fi Plus on Desktop Computer

Hi all, I managed to fix this now - seems like I had to 'autorun' the usb device on my computer for it to connect. all Solved!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Hi all, I managed to fix this now - seems like I had to 'autorun' the usb device on my computer for it to connect. all Solved!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I tried this and still couldn't connect. I rebooted the unit, rebooted the PC and no joy. Finally I unplugged the unit and plugged it into a different USB port and then it worked!

Plugging it into a different USB port forced it to reload the drivers so I assume some sort of default drivers loaded initially that were wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more