Highlighted
WentyMan
Level 2: Rookie

How to remove Call Diversion Announcement

Answered

I have two Telstra mobile numbers both of which divert on no answer to fixed numbers 024704xxxx on which I have a voicemail service. One of these goes straight to voicemail, the other announces “this call is being diverted please wait” before diverting. I want to remove this announcement which is quite unnecessary. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with 125111 but seems they can’t fix it. Help please. Both of the 024704 services are non-Telstra.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WentyMan
Accepted Solution

Re: How to remove Call Diversion Announcement

Have tried that many times before and tried again just now.  Didn’t help at all.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 19: Deputy Director

Cancel the diversion and reactivate it.
Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so. "button"
WentyMan
Accepted Solution

Have tried that many times before and tried again just now.  Didn’t help at all.

Level 19: Deputy Director

Im wondering if its from your network provider of your landline.
Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so. "button"
WentyMan

The two services are identical, both are Telstra prepaid mobiles and both landlines are from my NBN/VOIP provider. But they behave differently, one doesn’t give the announcement, the other does.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@WentyMan

Did you have a reference number from your conversation with the Tech Teams on 125111?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@WentyMan

Additionally, the 2 mobiles that have this experience, which model phones are they and which model has the recorded Voice Announcement before the divert?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 22: Superhuman

I can tell you the definite solution from personal experience.
Telstra have several computers of "messagebanks" which are set up in varying ways.
A "real" level 2 technician can get a higher level technician to set the RVA (recorded voice announcement) to your preference.
If my 73 year old memory is correct, the computer system which controls it is "MICA" I believe it is.
It can be done, but finding the right person to request it be done is the tricky part.
Thank you.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@ProfessorPhone

Thanks for sharing.
MICA is an account management system, however specific diversion RVA's are not controlled here.
RVA's are indeed Network set and if they are heard or not will depend on a number of different reasons, however these can rarely be changed on a whim, and they are certainly not customisable.

Depending on the phones in use in this particular circumstance, and even though they are set up the same, there might be differences in Network configurations.

As an example, one of the phones in use might support VoLTE and the other does not.

This will change how the call routes through the Network as 3G Circuit Switched Calls is very different to 4G Calling.

it is for this reason that additional detail about the phones in use would be helpful to assist with resolving the query. Smiley Happy

WentyMan

I received an email with ref INT 1-1740938875798

WentyMan
WentyMan

My phone which works fine is iPhone SE.

My wife’s phone which has the problem is a Telstra-branded Nokia Asha 300.

All diverts on both phones programmed by me sending the **61 62 67 codes. Maybe they could be programmed using some higher-level functions on the phones but if so I have never known how to do it.

This problem of the unwanted announcement on my wife’s service has been round for years. Until 2016 both mobiles used to divert to an answering machine on our home number, when we got NBN with several VOIP numbers we allocated separate diversion numbers for each Telstra mobile and use our VOIP provider’s voicemail services for each.

I have been told the problem might be to do with a history with Telstra MessageBank, which we have never used but I believe used to be turned on by default for mobile customers. I contacted Telstra some years ago to remove it on my service because of a worry about possible costs, wouldn’t know its status on my wife’s service but I suspect still at Telstra’s default settings from years ago.

Wenty Man

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now