AS31
Level 1: Cadet

International Day Pass question about options

I am travelling to Europe for 5 weeks. I want to have my mobile on while away so that family can call/text me in case of a health emergency. My question is - if I turn my data roaming off & activate do not disturb (which only allows calls from favourites list) will I avoid the $10/day charge from Telstra. I am happy to pay $10 should I receive a call/text but not every day for 5 weeks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: International Day Pass question about options

You would also need to make sure that you either turn location services off, or to gps only. Otherwise the phone still pings the towers every so often.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AS31
Level 1: Cadet

Re: International Day Pass question about options

Thanks for this. Seems there is a pretty high chance I would get something wrong and be charged the $10 a day when I have unintentionally accessed the network Smiley Sad

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now