skiman70
Level 3: Gumshoe

International Roaming Day Pass

Answered

I am travelling to USA and Canada. I have an iphone 8 plus on a post paid plan and will have international roaming and international day pass enabled. Once I get to the states do I need to do something specific to my phone to get it activated or does it just connect to any network and just work like a normal phone (I realise I am limited to 200mb data per day with this pass).

Also if I need to call my husbands Australian mobile while we are both in the states do I just ring its normal Australian number?

Also I have a friend in Canada who may need to call me when I am either in USA or Canada does she just call my Australian mobile number or will she need to put a 61 and drop the 0 to reach me.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: International Roaming Day Pass

It should work automatically, but if it doesn't, resetting the network settings should get it going.
To call your husband in Australia, just dial his number as per normal, but storing numbers in your phone in international format is always good practice.
Your friend in Canada will need to call you as if you were still in Australia (ie +61 4xx xxx xxx).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

It should work automatically, but if it doesn't, resetting the network settings should get it going.
To call your husband in Australia, just dial his number as per normal, but storing numbers in your phone in international format is always good practice.
Your friend in Canada will need to call you as if you were still in Australia (ie +61 4xx xxx xxx).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
skiman70
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks so much Jupiter!!

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now