Ashd01
Level 2: Rookie

International Roaming has stopped

Answered
Hi,

I have been traveling in Germany and France for the past two weeks with no problem with international roaming, however this morning in Paris I no longer have any network connection. I hard reset my iPhone X but no luck. Works fine on WiFi still. Please help as I use Google Maps every day.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: International Roaming has stopped

Hi @Ashd01 and All,

Overnight, some customers using international roaming experienced a disruption to their service due to a technical issue. This was resolved this morning at around 6am (16th April 2019 AEST) and services have restored. We are looking into what happened and we apologise for the interruption to our customers enjoying their holidays and business travellers.

Regards,
Emma.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
61 REPLIES 61
Highlighted
PissedOffJapan
Level 1: Cadet

Japan international roaming stopped working

Have been in Japan for the last 5 days with my wife using the Telstra day pass and all of a sudden both me and my wife were kicked off the Japanese network without warning and all we have is emergency calls. If I turn flight mode on and off or restart my phone I register on the NTT DoCoMo network and receive data for about a minute and then get kicked off. I have been through previous posts as apparently it happens a lot with Telstra in Japan and it just seems to be a whole lot of pissed off people with no response from Telstra. Help?
PissedOffJapan

Just happened in Japan as well. Good luck
roaming-in-pune

Same here in India... very frustrating, I'm trying to do important transactions that require SMS one time passwords, and I can't receive the SMS as the network says "emergency calls only" !! Come on Telstra, fix the problem urgently, this is critical for me !
milly2603

China as well couple hours ago
rustybike

Hi,

Italy also. No phone or sms, data only.

Ro_ro

Same in Hong Kong.

Spoke with Live Chat Support, they seem to be aware of the problem.

They also said they won't provide external comms (e.g. https://servicestatus.telstra.com/) which I found a little strange. Couldn't get an incident id / reference number either.
Keenlon

Re: Japan international roaming stopped working

Hi bro,

Same thing happened here in GuangZhou, China. Telstra roaming service was absolutely fine over the past few days until 1pm local time today. Have tried to connect China Mobile, China Telecom, China Unicom but none works. Restarted my phone several times without any success. Contacted Telstra team, after being transferred to the 5th person, I was told that there is an international roaming outage in China, UK, Greece and Philippines. Now it seems like Japan is next. This 5th person was kind enough to inform me such and advise me to restart my phone after 4 hours. Let's wait and see how the team is working it out.

LachieW

Same here in Paris.
Tsu76

Same in Malaysia. Please help resolve this. We have no calls, sms or web access. This is critical for the rest of our travel and our work.
Neil999

Same here is Singapore ... live chat have gone home and if you call Telstra you are in a queue with more than 20 minute wait time ... very ugly Telstra !!
Neil999

Same in Singapore ... there’s another post detailing same issue in many countries
Faulty

Same in Turkey. Just gave up on chat support. Been here two weeks and was working fine. Now emergency calls only, and cannot connect or detect any networks. This is shocking. Waiting on clients to return my calls and don't know if they've been trying and gave up or what. This could really hurt my business. I understand a fault for a short time but this is really dragging out.
Jessliv

In Italy too! No data, sms or phone calls Smiley Sad
Aussie_65

In the UK & have had no issues fir 3 weeks but no service all day today (Monday) in Scotland & England
EJHowe

Can’t connect to 4G in Oslo

Mantat

International Roaming

My 4g icon has disappeared from my IPhone X.
I have installed 12.2, rebooted, taken out SIM card and still nothing.
I’m in Singapore, I travel to here regularly.
International roaming is enable. In my account and phone
Ne ideas out there?
Hamer

International roaming

Can’t connect to 4G in UK. How bad is that
KelParis

Roaming outage today in Paris

I am on holidays staying in Paris.
I have totally lost roaming to a Telstra using day pass. I have tried restarting and resets but to no avail.
Is anyone experiencing the same issue?
Capt_Edox

I am also having issues in Ireland
AneeshB

Re: Roaming outage today in Paris

Hi. 

I am having the same issues in the UK. Spoke to 24x7 chat and have been advised there is an international roaming outage. They expect it too be resolved within 12-24 hours.

I did mention that if not resolved then I will buy a local sim and expect to be reimbursed.

They agreed and placed a record on my file for the reimbursement.

Suggest you do the same.

NOTE: To access 24x7 chat I had to use a VPN set to Melbourne

Ash2001

International day pass

Not working
Ash2001

I’m in Spain with the same issue, can’t get onto 24 x7 either! So annoying!
KelParis

Hi Aneesh
Thanks very much for the info.
I will do the same.
It’s strange as I worked with a person called Aneesh in Australia!
Coincidence hey,
Thanks again
JohnLK

I just talked to Support, outage world wide for Telstra Services, started about 4/5 hours ago. No ETA on fix yet.
Brrrring
Bclements

Spoke to Telstra chat, they were saying there's an outage on all their international roaming services. They're working on it and hopefully it's back up in the next few hours. You can call them asking to be reimbursed for the time you've had zero service.
KelParis

Thanks heaps for the update John.
If I hear anything extra I’ll post here.
Cheers
Kel
Kooju

Roaming not working in Hong Kong

Hi,

I’m travelling overseas and activated roaming but it does not appear to work in Hong Kong. I used it last week I’m the US and it was fine.

Can someone please help?
NeedService999

No service In scotland

Currently in Scotland and can’t connect to any local service providers
Dinkydi11

International day pass

Paris France
Return1

No service in Ireland

No service signal on iPhone in Ireland. I have enabled international day pass & roaming data.

No response from web chat services.

Nickal1

Same in France, no mobile service or data.

Please Telstra resolve the issue ASAP.

penmaker1

Re: No service in Ireland

I chatted to Telstra help online and she told me that it is a technical problem on their side. Not good service at all. I'm still down.
Martin Burke
PissedOffJapan

I'm back up now in Japan. Telstra should notify their customers of issues via email/text/account dashboard and their progress like any other organisation.
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi @Ashd01 and All,

Overnight, some customers using international roaming experienced a disruption to their service due to a technical issue. This was resolved this morning at around 6am (16th April 2019 AEST) and services have restored. We are looking into what happened and we apologise for the interruption to our customers enjoying their holidays and business travellers.

Regards,
Emma.
Hamer

All fixed last night. We’re happy campers again. Telstra fixed it ahead of the time they said
Community Manager

Re: International day pass

Hey @Ash2001,

Sorry to read about the frustrations. Are you still experiencing problems with your International Day Pass?

Please let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Community Manager

Hi @Dinkydi11

Sorry to read about the frustrations. Are you still experiencing problems with your International Day Pass?

Please let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Hamer

Thanks it is working well
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Roaming not working in Hong Kong

Appreciate your patience, Kooju. Overnight from the 15th-16th, some customers using international roaming experienced a disruption to their service due to a technical issue.  This was resolved on the morning of the 16th at around 6 am AEST and services were restored. We are looking into what happened and we apologise for the interruption to our customers enjoying their holidays and business travellers. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Return1,

Overnight from the 15th-16th, some customers using international roaming experienced a disruption to their service due to a technical issue.  This was resolved on the morning of the 16th at around 6 am AEST and services were restored. We are looking into what happened and we apologise for the interruption to our customers enjoying their holidays and business travellers.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Paul1976

Hello, currently in the Maldives... 18th April and it is still down roaming perspective. Is that the case. We have 2 TELSTRA roaming iPhones that are off the air
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Paul1976,

I'm sorry to read that you are having difficulty with your services roaming. Have you confirmed that your services have International Roaming switched on? You can check this in MyAccount https://tel.st/4sk82

If you still are experiencing issues after confirming that International Roaming is switched on for the services, chat with us via our secure Live Chat https://tel.st/2sl7b so we can assist you further.

-Ern

Paul1976

I spent 5 hours on chat with Telstra this morning and not one of the 5 agents I got shuffled around to said there was a roaming issue... its not until I get on Crowdsupport I hear about it... Telstra continues to be a joke of the Telco Industry... Maybe another Executive Head needs to Roll.
Paul1976

Are you still having this issue, I am
Paul1976

Are you still having this issue, I am
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Paul1976, 

If all looks to be ok for settings via your My Account here:  https://tel.st/mvusw I would recommend checking the network settings in your handset. If enabled and it's not listed any local network providers, our Mobile Faults team can assist via secure Live Chat here:  https://tel.st/54thp from 7am-midnight EST. 

Paul1976

This is still not resolved in the Maldives. I have spent 10 hours online with the Telstra chat team.. I lost 10 hours of my life. They will not even look into the issue. Can you help please.
Paul1976

This is still not resolved in the Maldives. I have spent 10 hours online with the Telstra chat team.. I lost 10 hours of my life. They will not even look into the issue. Can you help please.
Support Team
Support Team

I am sorry to read you were advised they would not look at this, what area did you speak to?

We do have troubleshooting tips online https://tel.st/2jy65 and contact methods for our roaming support teams.

If you do not have access to the website the number for the roaming support team is +61 439 125 109.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more