Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Paul1976
Level 2: Rookie

Re: No service in Ireland

I have spent 10 hours on chat with no luck... Telstra, you set new lows for customer service and support. Well done
Support Team
Support Team

When you spoke to chat what did they identify any issues with your account and did they ask you to check you are trying to connect to the overseas partner for the country you are in and have you accessed the troubleshooting site I sent you?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Paul1976

Chat will not assist, keep telling me the same thing we have done, reset phone, network settings and so on. The Maldivian carrier are saying it’s a authentication issue on Telstra side... amazingly I am getting better support from a 3rd telco
Paul1976

Chat will not assist, keep telling me the same thing we have done, reset phone, network settings and so on. The Maldivian carrier are saying it’s a authentication issue on Telstra side... amazingly I am getting better support from a foreign telco
Support Team
Support Team

Have you asked to escalate this and did they confirm international roaming is on the account?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Paul1976

Everything is enabled. It is a authentication issue between Telstra and the local carrier Dhiraagu in the Maldives. This has been confirmed by the local carrier. Issue is on Telstra’s side
Support Team
Support Team

I am sorry there is an issue on our side.

When you contact a team member ask to speak to roaming support and they can escalate the issue and we will work with our overseas partner to resolve the issue.

Paul1976

Only problem is chat is not working and in the 10 hours I sent on chat, no one was providing much assistance...
Support Team
Support Team

When you say it is not working are you unable to log on to the chat link?

Our Team Members are there.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: International Roaming has stopped

Hi @Paul1976,
are your still in the Maldives experiencing issues. Did any of the other support channels resolve?
Thanks.
Emma.
Paul1976

Hello,
I spent another 2 hours on chat yesterday with Telstra. No resolution, No commitment to look into the issue. The frustration I have due to the level of support I am receiving is extremely high.
Community Manager

Hi @Paul1967,

I understand your frustration. If you can call from another device or hotel phone this number +61 439 125 109- it is our technical or roaming support line while overseas. Please note all calls are toll free if made from a Telstra service.

We have had a look at the International Day Pass map, and it looks like network availability is quite limited in the Maldives overall. However, the number above should provide more technical assistance.

Kind regards,
Emma.

RuthL
Level 1: Cadet

Hi - I seem to have the same problem. My $10 per day International Roaming was working for the first 24 hours in Guatemala. Now my mobile iPhone 6 says I have 'no service'. I have turned it on and off 10 times, removed and replaced the SIM, reset the networks and nothing is fixing it. Wi-Fi in the hotel allows me to text some people. I really need this addressed as I also cannot access my work email as to sign in our security system sends my mobile a code which off course I cannot receive. And I want to be able to contact my family. I have had no service for over approx. 40 hours. 

PLEASE help.

Ruth 

Community Manager

Hey @RuthL,

I'm really sorry to read about the frustrations. Do you happen to have an alternate device to contact the number specified by Emmasis as mentioned above? If you can contact us on +61 439 125 109, this will take you through to our Technical Support team, who can troubleshoot this further with you.

Please let us know how you go.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Paul1976

@RuthL,

Good luck with getting support from Telstra, I spent about 15 hours on chat with them during my roaming issues. Got back to Australia and spent about another 10 hours talking to them, having cases logged, promised calls back, nothing... zero. I still don’t know if it’s resolved in the Maldives.. I guess we will find out in 3 weeks when we head back. smoke signals may be a better option than Telstra unreliable network and even worse support. Sorry to be the deliverer of bad news but best to not get your hopes up..

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now