CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Milly4700
Level 1: Cadet

International Roaming on Prepaid

Answered

Hi All,

I have  a iphone prepaid. I just recharged as follows. I am going to UK for 3 weeks and I will try and use wifi as much as possible but still want contacts in the UK to be able to contact me on my AU mobile number.

1. Can someone please confirm that the recharge below includes international roaming costs? Is international roaming the Freedom Credit of $220 until 24 June?

2. Once I get to the UK, can you please confirm I change settings to Mobile data options - data roaming to ON?

3. Should I also turn on WI-Fi Calling ? yes / No

4. What is Telstra Talk and Free Text? and does that work in UK

Telstra Pre-Paid Freedom®- Anytime Bonus

• Balance Recharge credit $60.00 remaining Expires 24 Jun 19
  • Freedom Credit $190.74 remaining Expires 9 Jun 19
  • Telstra Talk and Free Text included Expires 24 Jun 19
  • Freedom Credit $220.00 remaining Expires 24 Jun 19
  • Data Data 35.9MB Expires 9 Jun 19
  • Data 800MB Expires 24 Jun 19
  • Data Bonus 500MB Expires 24 Jun 19
  • Total 1.3GB

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: International Roaming on Prepaid

1. Freedom Credit is for use within Australia. Balance Recharge Credit is used for International Roaming.
2. Yes, turn data roaming on.
3. Pretty sure that Wifi Calling doesn't work outside Australia on a Telstra SIM. It's not going to hurt if you do have it turned on.
4. Telstra Talk and Free Text only worked in Australia.
5. The data on your plan only works within Australia, you will need to buy an International Roaming Browse Plus Packs to get data overseas (or it will chomp in to your recharge credit incredibly quickly).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: International Roaming on Prepaid

1. Freedom Credit is for use within Australia. Balance Recharge Credit is used for International Roaming.
2. Yes, turn data roaming on.
3. Pretty sure that Wifi Calling doesn't work outside Australia on a Telstra SIM. It's not going to hurt if you do have it turned on.
4. Telstra Talk and Free Text only worked in Australia.
5. The data on your plan only works within Australia, you will need to buy an International Roaming Browse Plus Packs to get data overseas (or it will chomp in to your recharge credit incredibly quickly).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now