DEE2107
Level 1: Cadet

International calls

Answered

Hi we are travelling to Hawaii in a couple of months and we both have international roaming packages on our mobile phones I have 2 questions

1) If we need to call each other while in hawaii do we just dial the normal mobile number or do we need to add +61?

2) for someone in Hawaii like our hotel to call us do they need to call +61 on the mobile?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: International calls

To both questions, yes. Add the +61, so it will be +61 4## ### ###.

It is always good practice to store phone numbers in your contacts in international format. That way they work no matter where you are.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

To both questions, yes. Add the +61, so it will be +61 4## ### ###.

It is always good practice to store phone numbers in your contacts in international format. That way they work no matter where you are.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

Depending how long you will be there and how much local only use .....You could consider buying 2 local (Hawaii) pre-paid sims
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now