Uktrip
Level 2: Rookie

International data roaming not working

Have been in the uk since 13th April everyday loggining in and the data isn’t working. Can receive and send texts and phone calls but the data doesn’t work. Have reset phone etc with no luck

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Re: International data roaming not working

Really sorry to hear. Appreciate your patience in this. Assuming Mobile Data is switched on in the handset; I'm wondering can you send and receive MMS? (picture messages). What's the make and model of your handset? - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Uktrip

Hello

Yep have been into settings to ensure data roaming etc is switched on. Can confirm that mms messages can be sent and received. I have an iPhone 6s.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know @Uktrip

On the top left side of your screen is there a different carrier? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Uktrip

Yep there is. I’m in Amsterdam atm and it’s KPN NL. Receive text messages and multimedia messages fine just can’t use the internet.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know @Uktrip

I recommend speaking with our live chat team here: https://tel.st/ec5eq as they will be able to securely access your account and check this for you.

Keep me updated on how you go. 

Uktrip

Hello

Not having any luck getting the 24/7 chat to work. Have tried at various wifi locations and the page doesn’t load after I select the few options required. Is there an email address I can email? Or an alternative?

Regards
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us,

Can I ask what type of device (make and model) you are trying to use to connect to the live chat team?

Please let me know so I can attempt to assist further.

- Stef

Uktrip

Hello

Have gone into settings and it advises it’s an iPhone 6.

Regards
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for confirming,

Can you try the following steps to connect to the team.

1. Visit the affected site in Safari: https://tel.st/zt57m

2. Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar.

3. Tap Request Desktop Site.

4. The website will then reload as its desktop version.

Let me know if this works for the page to load.

- Stef

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now