jvb1
Level 2: Rookie

International day pass turn off

Answered

I just received a text message from Telstra saying that from 1 July 2019 an international day pass at the cost of $10 per day will automatically be enabled. I don't want that, isn't this illegal charging me for something I do not want? Please let me know how I can disable this.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: International day pass turn off

24x7.jpgIf you have International Roaming enabled, then it should appear at the top of the International Usage screen.

Only services that it doesn't appear on in my app are those that don't have International Roaming activated.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 21: Augmented

I believe you can still turn it off... Just the default settings are changing...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
jvb1

@ForensicsGuru wrote:

I believe you can still turn it off... Just the default settings are changing...

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure you can turn it off. They just make it extremely difficult for you to find how or where to turn it off. So that was my question, how can I turn it off?

Easy to find. Open the 24x7 app on your phone, select your service and then International Roaming. You can disable it there.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
jvb1

@Jupiter wrote:
Easy to find. Open the 24x7 app on your phone, select your service and then International Roaming. You can disable it there.

Nope.

On the app under 'Service" it only shows data usage.

Other options on the app are 'Bills', 'Others', 'Support' and 'Profile'

Nowhere to disable international day pass.

Accepted Solution

24x7.jpgIf you have International Roaming enabled, then it should appear at the top of the International Usage screen.

Only services that it doesn't appear on in my app are those that don't have International Roaming activated.

jvb1

Thanks.

I have international roaming enabled (i'm overseas at least 2-3 times every year) but don't get that screen.

I realised I wasn't logged in to my app. Problem now is when I log in I get a message that my account does not have the appropriate security level to use this app. I only have one account with Telstra and that's my mobile.

JGL14
Level 1: Cadet

I think this is available to all Telstra customers. It is only activated if you travel overseas and you are only charged if you use your phone while travelling. You do have to activate it before you travel and nominate what country you are using it in.

@jvb1 not quite right. It is applied/charged automatically in selected countries when you use your Telstra phone in those countries. You do not have to nominate which country you are using it in (conversely, it can only be used in selected countries - which Telstra selects, you don't get to choose).

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now