Highlighted
iPhoneuser1
Level 1: Cadet

International roaming costs for calls going to messagebank while I am overseas

Answered

We are headed overseas in May and will use Fon Wifi, Whatsapp, and PAYG International roaming for calls and messages only (mostly so we can have easy contact with our accommodation points). We are on a Postpaid plan. I won't answer any Australian calls I don't know, so they will go to messagebank. Will I be charged the $2/min if my phone rings in Italy (for example), I ignore it, and a message is left. Or will I only be charged if I listen to it (which I don't intend to do). My other option is to opt out/ turn off messagebank while we're out of the country. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: International roaming costs for calls going to messagebank while I am overseas

Hi iPhoneuser1, I hope you enjoy your travels! You'll only be charged for the calls you receive in Italy if you answer them, and will only be charged for Messagebank if you call it to access any messages which are left. While you’re overseas, your voice messages will be converted to text and sent to you - there's no charge to receive SMS while outside Australia.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: International roaming costs for calls going to messagebank while I am overseas

Hi iPhoneuser1, I hope you enjoy your travels! You'll only be charged for the calls you receive in Italy if you answer them, and will only be charged for Messagebank if you call it to access any messages which are left. While you’re overseas, your voice messages will be converted to text and sent to you - there's no charge to receive SMS while outside Australia.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

iPhoneuser1
Level 1: Cadet

Brilliant, that’s exactly what I had hoped! Thank you!
Support Team
Support Team

Not a problem, and let us know if you have any other questions in future we may be able to assist with!

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now