CrowdSupport®
Peymana
Level 1: Cadet

International roaming does not work in Iran

Hi,

According to Telstra website I should have coverage in Iran but last time I travelled in 2018 my Telstra sim card did not work at all. My international roaming was on and I didn't want to use mobile internet. I have used international roaming in several other countries so the problem cannot be from my end.

Would you let me know why Iran is listed as a country where Telstra provides international roaming while Telstra sim cards does not work in Iran?

I am travelling to Iran again and would like to use my Telstra sim card. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: International roaming does not work in Iran

Are you on post paid or prepaid? Prepaid will not work in Iran.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Peymana
Level 1: Cadet

The how come my prepaid works in other countries? So Iran only you need to have post paid?

@Jupiter wrote:

Are you on post paid or prepaid? Prepaid will not work in Iran.

Highlighted

No. There are a quite a few countries where roaming is not available on prepaid (see all the grey ones). When you checked the map at https://telstra.com/overseas you would have been looking at the Post Paid map.

prepaidroaming.JPG

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now